AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Matthew Belloni: "Exclusive Rights Negotiating AEW/WBD ends in July. Expects other suitors..."

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta be the one who's outta touch, because that's just awful to me, but those fans seems to love it.
Not just you, I hate every time they wrestle each other. I don’t hate flippy dippy wrestling but when they get together, they just go overboard with it. Live it’s not bad, but on tv, it’s ridiculous especially when they do highly contrived spots

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
My thoughts on last night

If you're shocked at the "fukk CM Punk" chants then you weren't paying attention to the fanbase, the AEW fanbase are Elite fans not Punk fans. Jade has a great look and personality but she's still green, and Nyla is fukking awful in every aspect. Saraya clearly can't go like she used to and Britt is not a ring general, so the match was going to be terrible no matter what. They made the right call with MJF and we'll see how long his spark last, because we know how ADHD wrestling fans can be. Moxley needs to maybe call it a career because he was checked out during this whole build, and he's looking like he may be drinking again. Hobbs or Wardlow should've won because Hobbs is up and coming and could use the title, and Wardlow is ice cold now and needs a big W. Swerve is poised to break out real soon, but Lee is looking like he might pass out at any moment. Finally Jericho:russell:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I gotta be the one who's outta touch, because that's just awful to me, but those fans seems to love it.
It's not just you. I hate watching the Young Bucks & Lucha Bros. work with each other. The Lucha Bros are tolerable with other opponents, but the Young Bucks bring the quality of their work way down.
EVERYTHING that they do in the ring looks phony and insults my intelligence. I don't care how good any of those guys are at gymnastics, none of what they try to pass off as wrestling looks good.
I watch wrestling because it allows me to turn my brain off for a little while, but I'd have to be damn near vegetative to sit through a Young Bucks match.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks had a great cage match.. I didn't see any criticism on here for that
The one where the Lucha Bros won the tag titles?
I was actually enjoying that match a little bit until they did the spot where all four guys stood in a square and took turns superkicking each other.
That part was bad enough, but then the match got even sillier when Cold Spray Guy threw one of the Young Bucks a shoe with thumbtacks in the sole to use as a weapon.
The best thing about that match was getting the tag titles off of the Jackson brothers.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My brother in Christ, I feel like you argue for the sake of arguing sometimes. You’ll take a simple light hearted offhanded remark and act like it’s some crazy asinine statement that has to be deep dived and discussed further..

look fam… when Punk signed with AEW, there were people in the audience with real tears. I was in Vegas for Summerslam that weekend and witnessed the buzz. AEW diehards were losing their minds collectively…

With that said, it’s not some crazy stretch to assume the die hards in that audience last night who are chanting fukk him, weren’t at some point worshipping the ground he walked on. It’s just a funny parallel, but it’s not that deep

CM Punk debuted in Chicago, bud

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah he debuted in his hometown and fukk cm punk chants happened in the same building that shyt on him before. Watch more before you conflate two separate events

My brother in Christ, I feel like you argue for the sake of arguing sometimes. You’ll take a simple light hearted offhanded remark and act like it’s some crazy asinine statement that has to be deep dived and discussed further..

look fam… when Punk signed with AEW, there were people in the audience with real tears. I was in Vegas for Summerslam that weekend and witnessed the buzz. AEW diehards were losing their minds collectively…

With that said, it’s not some crazy stretch to assume the die hards in that audience last night who are chanting fukk him, weren’t at some point worshipping the ground he walked on. It’s just a funny parallel, but it’s not that deep

Nobody is conflating anything. This is why you dweeb ass AEW stans are seen as jokes. Get your head out of your ass for a second

Can't get a light hearted joke off without some "well actually" ass smartest-in-the-room AEW stan running down on you. Embarassing