AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Matthew Belloni: "Exclusive Rights Negotiating AEW/WBD ends in July. Expects other suitors..."

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't get how the show with the two semi-final matches in a smaller arena outdraws the show they've been building to for a month with the finals in a tennis stadium
Honestly, last week's ratings made no sense. It had no right to be that high considering the show after All Out was good but didn't have any big cliff hanger or must see stuff.

Like @Larry Legend said, anything over 1 million is good for AEW and being the n°1 cable show in the demo for the day is all that matters to TV networks :manny:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, last week's ratings made no sense. It had no right to be that high considering the show after All Out was good but didn't have any big cliff hanger or must see stuff.

Like @Larry Legend said, anything over 1 million is good for AEW and being the n°1 cable show in the demo for the day is all that matters to TV networks :manny:

There's some merit to that but considering they only have 4 PPVs a year and try to build up this show as being the best/top Dynamite they do all year, it's still disappointing

I think when you base your promotion on great in-ring matches instead of stories you run the risk of people being a bit jaded in terms of differentiating what matches are truly can't miss

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Meltzer: “Some people are saying AEW is still failing or dying.. doesn’t seem that way to me. Although there are some legitimate concerns in certain areas.”

• Haha
Reactions: jeh

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Meltzer: “Some people are saying AEW is still failing or dying.. doesn’t seem that way to me. Although there are some legitimate concerns in certain areas.”

Maybe the weirdos he argues with on Twitter who have 3 followers are saying it's dying, but I don't see anybody credible using that talking point.

They had a spark when Punk came back and the other guys defected and had a chance to really elevate themselves and instead they had Punk wrestle bums like Daniel Garcia and Evan Bourne and cut promos about how happy he was

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
They had tough competition last night with survivor and the masked singer doing 5 and 3 mil respectively, so still hitting that milly rock is solid to me

I don’t know what kinda colossal number y’all expect them to be bringing in.

Even WWE with their biggest and best efforts only doing slightly over 2 and they’re the big dog in town. Y’all expect AEW to be doing close to the same? Come on now

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They had tough competition last night with survivor and the masked singer doing 5 and 3 mil respectively, so still hitting that milly rock is solid to me

Even WWE with their biggest and best efforts only doing slightly over 2 and they’re the big dog in town. Y’all expect AEW to be doing close to the same? Come on now
Survivor and The masked singer bruh.. really? Wrestling heads passed on the biggest Dynamite of the year for survivor and the masked singer? lol ok

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Breh the masked singer and survivor doing 5 and 3 mil is not changing the ratings for AEW breh, be real:mjlol: WWE had two Monday night football games on this week simultaneously, and got their lowest ratings since July (1.59, had 1.7 last week). Both games got more than double them viewers (12.8 and 8 mil), that’s a more valid excuse for a dip than AEW.

AEW Grand Slam viewership being down 19% year over year (27% in the target demo), and down 12% from last week (10% in demo), shows that there is a bigger issue at hand that needs addressing. I’m not expecting them to hit WWE numbers in year 3, but I am expecting them to retain or grow their viewers year over year/week over week, especially for a show wildly advertised as this one

Sources: AEW Grand Slam Sees A Dip In Viewership From Previous Week - Wrestling Inc.

Last edited:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Alvarez says 58 year old Billy Gunn is the most over guy in the company:mjlol: if that’s true then AEW has a big problem.
But all the new champion's last night won clean 🙄

But Saray is a game changer 😂

But We got to see a promo battle between Moses Jacob Freidman and the hottest rising star in Wheeler Yuta 😂

But we got Jon Moxley and The Rest on My Laurels I mean don't need a world title cause he's stat padding and "The Heart and Soul" of Wrestling in a title match....and Moxley didn't bleed 😂

But We got fifty cuts of Moses Jacob Freidman sitting in a "full" arena amongst the AEW galaxy 😂

But Trina, but but Fab, but but but Dj Whoo Kid 😂😂😂😂😂