African wild dogs are the most efficient predatory mammals

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
GettyImages-534984146-5c75a39.jpg
African wild dogs are deceptive – they are one of the most successful predators anywhere, with a kill rate per chase of more than 85 per cent. That’s not the whole story, however – they may lose half of their kills, ranging from small impalas to wildebeest 10 times their weight, to other carnivores such as hyenas and lions.

Apex predators in the wild: which mammals are the most dangerous?

This style of hunting is incredibly efficient, especially because the dogs share their food. For every kill, a solitary cheetah recoups 22 times the energy it spent on hunting. By comparison, a pack of wild dogs recoups 73 times the energy it put in. This refutes another common conceit about wild dogs: that they live on an energy precipice, vulnerable to thieving lions and hyenas, and always on the verge of starvation. Not so: even assuming the worst conditions—juvenile prey, scarce herds, tough chases, thieving hyenas—a six-dog pack can still catch enough food to feed 16 members.
What Wildlife Shows Don’t Tell You About African Wild Dogs

@RhapSaRiq @satam55

We ain't starvin outchea

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I'm not gonna front bruh bruh I used to look down on African Wild Dogs because they resembled Hyenas too much for my liking. Hyenas are catset :hhh:. But I'm starting to appreciate them the more I learn about them.

Lord Beerus

God of Destruction | CatSet General
Daps
I'm not gonna front bruh bruh I used to look down on African Wild Dogs because they resembled Hyenas too much for my liking. Hyenas are catset :hhh:. But I'm starting to appreciate them the more I learn about them.

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

I knew your flip flopping ass would say y'all fw African wild dogs.

@Obreh Winfrey @CouldntBeMeTho @19-

Look at this drool drunk muppet :russ: