After The Tennessee Incident, Is It Time To Review The Practice Of Taking Students Phones

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:You haven't slightest idea why teachers are leaving the field you smooth brained fukk
I know teachers who have literally gone into other fields because dealing with the little brats wasn't worth the $$$ but ok.

you trying way to hard to make this some type of conservative vs liberals issue.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not understanding what's so hard about not using your phone for 45 min to 1 hour or however long a typical class is
At this point schools need to start being like Dave Chappelle and just take all the phones as kids enter through the metal detectors
Also wth does the cost of phones have to do with anything :why:. The teachers are confiscating it until the end of day when a parent can be contacted, not stealing the phone. If the phone is so valuable or important maybe these bad ass kids need to do as instructed as to not have the phone removed from their possession for 5-6 hours (OMG!!!!)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Cell phones are drugs to the Youth today. Shyt, there are a lot of people in my age group hooked on their phones too.

An epidemic of Phone Junkies

4_phoneaddiction_idiva.gif
Off topic, but he look like he went from looking at ass on his to looking at the first lady ass in one smooth motion. :mjlol:

Daps
Taking phones is stupid. It doesn't translate anywhere in life.

If you go to the movies and have your phone is someone gonna take it? Or is the manager or security going to ask you to leave?

If you work where you can't have a phone for safety or confidentiality reasons and you get caught on your phone is someone going to take your phone or are they going to ask you to put it away or send you home?

You don't take other people's property. No one can be trusted anyway. It's only a matter of time before a teacher gets seriously beat, or shot because they took a student's iPhone or iPad or some shyt and it got 'lost' or 'stolen' and the parent who bought or is paying installments on the motherfukker goes up to the school and raises hell.

Ask the kid to put it away or leave the classroom. If they refuse to do both, call the principal or the school Resource officer or security and let them deal with removing the child, don't fist fight the child over a damn phone. If 2 adult men can't successfully remove a child without having to resort to firefighting, bodyslamming, choking and mace and shyt, that's on them.
Teachers have been confiscating student possessions that aren’t allowed in school for as long as public schools have existed. Why are we moving the goal posts now? Gameboys, playing cards, magazines, walkmans, etc. all used to get confiscated, lol. We call this generation soft then we keep making accommodations for everything out of pocket that they do.

The problem isn’t taking the phone. It’s shytty parenting. The same student that’s going to argue with a teacher for taking a phone is the same one that’s going to curse them out for 10 minutes when you try to kick them out of class. The only way that solution works is if you have legit security guards whose main function in to apprehend and remove children. AT SCHOOL, lol. And it’s because there is zero accountability and no consistent authority figure is telling these kids when they are wrong. Instead you got clowns saying stuff like “it’s theft to confiscate my kid’s phone when he breaks the rules and has it out when he’s not supposed to even though I signed the code of conduct agreement at the beginning of the year agreeing to the rules”

Smh

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Sending a kid out of class makes sense, but I don't see an issue with just taking the damn phone until the end of class. If a teen acts that wild over a device, that's on them. Also, at some point, some kids just aren't going to leave and it'll be an issue when security or the school's officer slams the shyt outta them or even pepper sprays them. Then it'll devolve into "they utilized too much force" or "they should've used better negotiating tactics".
People are essentially saying the phone is more important than the class smh. Imagine trying to graduate high school but you can’t because you got an I or 0 in class because of a damn cellphone smh. That’s crazy. If your phone is more important than your grades, why are you there?

Daps
I know teachers who have literally gone into other fields because dealing with the little brats wasn't worth the $$$ but ok.

you trying way to hard to make this some type of conservative vs liberals issue.
No, I just think you're dumb and trying to speak with authority on an issue you don't understand. (Teachers leaving teaching)

Like this took 5 seconds to find

The amount of you who seemingly failed in school to understand that anecdotal data doesn't drive a consensus on an issue is astounding.

Why some educators are planning to leave their roles
Compensation (including benefits) is consistently cited across all school types as the number-one reason why educators are considering leaving their jobs. Approximately 75 percent of educators in this category say they put more into their job than they receive in return, and 69 percent feel that their total compensation—including base salary and bonuses—does not reflect their qualifications and efforts. Moreover, 65 percent report not being able to live comfortably off earnings from their teaching positions.

Beyond compensation, these educators also feel overworked and undervalued. Nearly 75 percent of respondents who cite expectations as a top reason they plan to leave say they have too much work to do each day and that there aren’t enough teachers to carry the workload. Those who cite well-being as a reason to leave say they are expected to give too much time and energy to their jobs at the expense of things outside of work that are meaningful to them. These stressors may be even more pronounced in rural or resource-challenged districts, where responsibilities that may eventually be taken up by new hires are currently divvied up and delegated to existing staff.13

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Teachers have been confiscating student possessions that aren’t allowed in school for as long as public schools have existed. Why are we moving the goal posts now? Gameboys, playing cards, magazines, walkmans, etc. all used to get confiscated, lol. We call this generation soft then we keep making accommodations for everything out of pocket that they do.

The problem isn’t taking the phone. It’s shytty parenting. The same student that’s going to argue with a teacher for taking a phone is the same one that’s going to curse them out for 10 minutes when you try to kick them out of class. The only way that solution works is if you have legit security guards whose main function in to apprehend and remove children. AT SCHOOL, lol. And it’s because there is zero accountability and no consistent authority figure is telling these kids when they are wrong. Instead you got clowns saying stuff like “it’s theft to confiscate my kid’s phone when he breaks the rules and has it out when he’s not supposed to even though I signed the code of conduct agreement at the beginning of the year agreeing to the rules”

Smh
Phones are the most highly valued possession of that entire generation. you can continue to act surprised when they react violently when they get them taken, blame parents and continue to get beat up by children while nothing changes as you cling to old school techniques or you can learn and actually find a new modern solution. What so hard about sending kids to the principles office instead? they did that all the time too

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It doesn't mean something if you're not actually paying attention to what's going on i guess. :heh:

Destruction of public education has a been a pet project of the right wing going back to like Reagan. I don't understand why y'all do this thing where you accuse other of being wrong on shyt y'all won't even bother doing a single google search on
While the right wing is infinitesimally worse, this isn't a left or right issue. If teachers can't teach, we all lose. You tend to defer to looking things up on Google rather than explaining in plain English what could be done here.

Don't take the phone, fine, I get that. But what do you do about disruptive students?

I get all of the upstream shyt that may or may not be causing disruptive students environmentally, but what do you do about that tactically? What do you do about it right now?

Edit: And my current girl is a teacher. My ex was a substitute teacher so how about you explain why they're leaving...

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see we've reached the disingenuous stage of our back forth. This is pretty early even for you and I

Im pointing out little tid-bits here and there on this journey we call life where people say one thing and do something completely different. :pachaha:

And a teacher holding a phone, putting it in a drawer, is not theft/pending claim..

And you see 90% of life through a political lens, like those of a religious belief who see everything through a religious lens.. Just hard to have a honest dialog..

Daps
While the right wing is infinitesimally worse, this isn't a left or right issue. If teachers can't teach, we all lose. You tend to defer to looking things up on Google rather than explaining in plain English what could be done here.

Don't take the phone, fine, I get that. But what do you do about disruptive students?

I get all of the upstream shyt that may or may not be causing disruptive students environmentally, but what do you do about that tactically? What do you do about it right now?

Edit: And my current girl is a teacher. My ex was a substitute teacher so how about you explain why they're leaving...
I posted options in here in a previous post :yeshrug:

Yes having factual information is important to having discourse and attempting to find solutions.

Daps
Im pointing out little tid-bits here and there on this journey we call life where people say one thing and do something completely different. :pachaha:

And a teacher holding a phone, putting it in a drawer, is not theft/pending claim..

And you see 90% of life through a political lens, like those of a religious belief who see everything through a religious lens.. Just hard to have a honest dialog..
I get my opinions by gathering information you get ur opinions by pulling them out of ur ass. Yeah, I can’t have an honest dialog with someone who isn’t even remotely interested in educated themselves on an issue before speaking

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Theft? When is holding a phone from a student who's being disruptive, until the end of class/day, stealing?

SMH. Crazy that we are even talking about this. So because the phone is expensive, teachers/administrators have no recourse other than failing a child or potentially losing teaching time having to stall class to get the troublemaker out.

Ish is dumb and I feel for these teachers. I hope that there WON'T be a shortage, because man, that would be crazy!

Wild, a child pepper sprayed a teacher over a phone. She acted like it wasn't a big deal. Crying about a PHONE. She PEPPER SPRAYED the guy. That's absolutely wild to me and shows the type of foolishness that goes on at home or is allowed at home. No way the parents are surprised by her actions, absolutely NO WAY. They either encourage it or condone it...

I would NEVER teach my child to act or do anything like that and in the event they did...there would be SERIOUS consequences at home :yeshrug:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get my opinions by gathering information you get ur opinions by pulling them out of ur ass. Yeah, I can’t have an honest dialog with someone who isn’t even remotely interested in educated themselves on an issue before speaking

Im more educated than you on this issue because I've bee involved in my childrens education for the past 27 years. Heavily involved in their schools as well.

So you can't even a honest dialog because you lack experience on the matter. But if you have any, im all ears.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I once brought a psp to class in geometry lol. Teacher took that shyt and told me I can have it back when my parent came picked it up.

I told my pops and he told me in his exact word “you was stupid enough to bring it to school when I told you not to, you ain’t getting it back now” he never went up there to talk to her. Called her and told her to keep it to end of the school year. It was February :mjlol:

I didn’t get that shyt back to end of may