After winning Oscar, writer Cord Jefferson says that there is an audience for new & different depictions of Black people in the film industry

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Some of you have gotten so accustomed to the depiction of Black folks being one way (negatively) that any other representation of the Black experience easily offends you and you interpret it as c00ns thumbing their noses at real nikkas. The “culture” is toxic.

Last edited:
Daps
nah, you can’t be pro-black and start a family with a non-black person. you can say things that are merited criticisms of this society, but your actions belie that sentiment if you’re settling down with a partner who isn’t helping you build the strength of the black community.

:francis:
I feel u but there's levels to everything. Can you say someone like maya angelou isn't Pro black when i believe she had 2 white husbands.

Me personally, i dont feel like you can be pro black and use the n word or listen to music that openly talking about killing and or selling drugs to other black people but that's just my opinion.

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Embarrassing that it even needs to be said.

Rap/hip-hop/ street thug culture casts such an enormous shadow over the black community that it has literally DEHUMANIZED us and put us in the smallest of boxes.

Even our kids from good homes are out here cosplaying as reckless savages because that's the only image they see of themselves.

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I feel u but there's levels to everything. Can you say someone like maya angelou isn't Pro black when i believe she had 2 white husbands.

Me personally, i dont feel like you can be pro black and use the n word or listen to music that openly talking about killing and or selling drugs to other black people but that's just my opinion.
Facts. I came to this same conclusion years ago.

That single word is the smoking gun for me.

I don't care how "pro-black" somebody tries to sound, as soon as that word comes out I see right through you.

When you truly gain a deep love for your people that Nword becomes disgusting.

Claiming to be pro-black while still calling black people "n1ggas" , which is the most degrading and dehumanizing word in our language, is a complete contradiction.

I can't fully trust no black person who uses that word.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Must it always be the off white black people in entertainment with the "profound" speeches? He looks like the other off white black person, what was his name Jesse something who left his wife to go pawg when his career took off.
They mad but I know what you mean. The only non-white adjacent negroes who can move around in white spaces are either gay more make their nut chasing the worst of our stereotypes. Its easier for cacs to accept these off white negroes.

I'm not mad at it though, progress is progress. But I see it.:sas2: been seeing it in aspects of my life

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
:usure:

dYHAIKsRZ7959Yf6tUM55xjV711-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg
I was thinking more Wild, Wild, West, I.Robot, I am Legend, MIB, After Earth etc.

It's crazy how some of ya'll can't even have a normal conversation without letting us all know how mentally beaten down you are.