Airbnb bans the use of indoor security cameras

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

New YorkCNN —
Airbnb is banning the use of indoor security cameras in listings globally, the short-term rental platform announced Monday.

Previously, Airbnb (ABNB) allowed hosts to have indoor security cameras in common areas as long as the devices were clearly disclosed on the listing page and placed in visible spots in the home. Indoor security cameras, however, were never allowed in spaces like sleeping areas and bathrooms.

The update announced Monday clarifies that indoor security cameras are now prohibited in any listing, regardless of their location, purpose or prior disclosure.

“Our goal was to create new, clear rules that provide our community with greater clarity about what to expect on Airbnb,” Juniper Downs, Airbnb’s head of community policy and partnerships, said in a company blog post Monday.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt always seemed creepy to me. Just increase the price if you want to weed certain people out :ufdup:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
shyt always seemed creepy to me. Just increase the price if you want to weed certain people out :ufdup:

druski-what.gif

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’ve never had someone put cameras inside the BnB

BnB is pretty overrated anyways

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Airbnb fukking sucks now

Airbnb during 2014 - 2020 was >>>

But it has gone to complete shyt with all the fees and extra BS you have to deal with that makes it a hassle now.

Been strictly using hotels since 2021 - only used an Airbnb when I was in Cali but mainly cause it was a bigger group.

Really only makes sense in certain circumstances now, definitely not a go to accommodations option

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
have never stayed in a rental with cameras and never would