Al.Divino – Monumentality (Discussion Thread)

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
its definitely a little out there compared to the stuff he's done with Estee Nack...im not too big on Al's solo stuff anyway...just havent really sat with it yet...

i def fukk with Moroccan Mausoleum, Sufi Sorcery, and Hidden Ki....the intro is cool too once it kicks in...overall the album is def on a weird vibe and its like something you listen to at 3:40am high as fukk.

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
its definitely a little out there compared to the stuff he's done with Estee Nack...im not too big on Al's solo stuff anyway...just havent really sat with it yet...

i def fukk with Moroccan Mausoleum, Sufi Sorcery, and Hidden Ki....the intro is cool too once it kicks in...overall the album is def on a weird vibe and its like something you listen to at 3:40am high as fukk.

nailed it. and this is how all my time not at work is spent. probably why i like this so much, took maybe 2-3 spins though.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Really..Why? It was hella abstract from a production standpoint

I gotta revisit this and sit with it some more. But on first listen it was a little too out there and helter skelter for me and I love abstract rap. A nikka used to listen to indie shyt like The Atoms Fan, Anti-Pop Consortium and Dynospectrum so this shyt should be my lane but that wasn't the case.... That ugly ass price tag didnt help either :picard:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I gotta revisit this and sit with it some more. But on first listen it was a little too out there and helter skelter for me and I love abstract rap. A nikka used to listen to indie shyt like The Atoms Fan, Anti-Pop Consortium and Dynospectrum so this shyt should be my lane but that wasn't the case.... That ugly ass price tag didnt help either :picard:
Did you fukk with Abracadabra Alakazam? Gray Matter production on that was on point

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
I'm beginning to check this guy out and started here. This production is pretty left, reminds me of some Death Grips.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm beginning to check this guy out and started here. This production is pretty left, reminds me of some Death Grips.

If you just now getting into Divino then this the LAST joint you wanna start with :whoa:

Start with Triple Black Diamonds w/ Estee Nack and his 2 Dump Gawd tapes... :myman:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
*puts on throaty voice (pause)" "Moroccan mausoleum....."

i fukks with this album.
said before, sounds like he found an old obscure foreign movie soundtrack and rapped over loops from it.

need to give his newest EP's a listen..son needs to just stick to the bars and beats and lay off the art.
especially whens hes drawing on items of clothing and trying to hawk them for a wild price.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
This tape is one of my favorites from playa. I play thoth stroth and hidden ki on the regular

As far as the beats it’s definitely different but that nikola tape makes this sound tame,which was nice also