Alaska is guaranteed to be Blue soon

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
What would you say is the solution?

Shall we have another Constitutional Convention?
one man, one vote is the obvious solution. and since the makeup of the senate is prescribed by the constitution then the only way to change it would be a constitutional convention and that will never happen because more than 13 states benefit from an anti-one man, one vote stance. state legislatures use to be modeled on the us congress and state senators represented geographical units of a state, not people like the state representatives and then the supreme court decided (Reynolds v. Sims) upon the one man, one vote standard and now state senates are based on population (a larger amount than state representatives).

so because of that all we're left with is pointing out the problem knowing it won't be fixed.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
one man, one vote is the obvious solution. and since the makeup of the senate is prescribed by the constitution then the only way to change it would be a constitutional convention and that will never happen because more than 13 states benefit from an anti-one man, one vote stance. state legislatures use to be modeled on the us congress and state senators represented geographical units of a state, not people like the state representatives and then the supreme court decided (Reynolds v. Sims) upon the one man, one vote standard and now state senates are based on population (a larger amount than state representatives).

so because of that all we're left with is pointing out the problem knowing it won't be fixed.
I think getting rid of the filibuster alone will resolve most things.

That and maybe repealing the 17th Amendment.

TBH, the Senate, along with gerrymandering are probably the biggest issues we've got

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC