Alchemist - Lunch Meat EP (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not a huge fan of the Action Bronson joint. Not sure why, but for some reason ever since Rare Chandeliers, the beats that Action picks from Alchemist tend to be some of my least favorite Alchemist beats.

:yeshrug:

Rare Chandeliers was great, but since then, between Alc and Action, my favorite joints they've done are Terry, and La Luna, and I basically don't love much besides that.

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
Not a huge fan of the Action Bronson joint. Not sure why, but for some reason ever since Rare Chandeliers, the beats that Action picks from Alchemist tend to be some of my least favorite Alchemist beats.

:yeshrug:

Rare Chandeliers was great, but since then, between Alc and Action, my favorite joints they've done are Terry, and La Luna, and I basically don't love much besides that.
You right but I gotta disagree here cause Hopeless Romantic is fire. From the skit at the end of Judas into them horns into Action pokin kidneys with the knives he cut the onions with breh :hubie:

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
haven't listened to shyt but this since my original post on release day. all 4 songs are crazy, the roc joint and judas being my favorites. action joint is being slept on, he was spitting and the beat is crazy.

but for real the roc joint is just STUPID.

the instrumentals are listenable on their own too, more than listenable.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does this kid refuse to include drums fo so many of his joints

Is he so insecure his drum sounds are basura ...this shxt is literally frustrating

The samples and structuring are all there but i feel outside of blazing to these

these joints are crying out to.go to th n3xt level ..the only head noddiin ill be doing is nodding off to zzzz alot of this

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Is he so insecure his drum sounds are basura ...this shxt is literally frustrating

The samples and structuring are all there but i feel outside of blazing to these

these joints are crying out to.go to th n3xt level ..the only head noddiin ill be doing is nodding off to zzzz alot of this
It's a mixed bag man. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't. I never know what to expect. He just dropped these and the drums are solid

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago

If you want stale boom-bap, Premier and his clones are still putting out tracks with those same 1995 drums somewhere.