Alchemist Tells the Stories Behind His Classic Records (Part 1)

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Somehow, I'm not surprised Nas passed on the 'We Gonna Make It'... he ain't always the best choice maker when it comes to beats, figures he'd let some epic shyt slip.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Dilated album likely for next summer as well. Directors of Photography is the title. Hopefully it drops on Rhymesayers. shyt, StepBros could drop on Rhymesayers too. :ohhh:

Someone in another thread asked if you were part of Justus League :youngsabo:

You didn't respond :birdman:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Someone in another thread asked if you were part of Justus League :youngsabo:

You didn't respond :birdman:

I wasn't an official member of the League, which was capped at 15 after Khrysis and DJ Flash became the final 2 inductees in 2002 or 2003. But, I was an A&R for the Hall of Justus though, and worked with Little Brother, their manager, L.E.G.A.C.Y., Sean Boog, Khrysis, Chaundon, etc. I was around heavy during the NC hip-hop scene from about 2000 until 2007. Got to meet some well known names (during a trip to Bass Line for example) and definitely got some cool stories and life experiences from it. I regret stepping away from it, to be honest. Also on a fun note, I did the T-Hug character on Minstrel Show. Everyone knew me as White Mike. Funny thing is, my name is Drew. There's not even a Mike in my name.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
lmao

repped for no apparent reason

Yea I may have said this, but my first paycheck said Mike Foster. I had to tell Big Dho, "my name is actually Drew." No one even knew my name wasn't Mike and I don't know how the nickname started. Someone just started calling me that in high school. repping you right back btw.