Alcorn State football hires Jay Hopson.......a white guy.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
LORMAN, MS (Alcorn State University) - Alcorn State President M Christopher Brown II announced Jay Hopson as the new Head Football Coach at Alcorn State University today.

Alcorn has become the first Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) school to name a non-black as Head Football Coach.

Dr. Brown said "The future for Alcorn football is bright and I am excited that Coach Hopson will lead us forward."

Brown also informed the crowd that Coach Hopson's application included an extensive statement on APR – a critical marker for post-season eligibility and student-athlete graduation rates.

Coach Hopson stated that "He believes in Dr. Brown's vision for this university." The newly appointed football coach's first order of business is putting together his staff and getting acquainted with the team.

Hopson is a native of Vicksburg, Mississippi and was a four year letter winner as a defensive back at the University of Mississippi 1988-91. During his matriculation at Ole Miss, he was named to the Academic All-SEC four times, and was also a member of the CoSIDA District VI Academic All-America team in 1991.

He received a Bachelor in Business Administration from Ole Miss and a Master's in Health, Physical Education and Recreation from Delta State University.

As a coach, he received All-American Football Foundation Top Assistant Coach honor in 2007.
Coach Hopson brings experience from Marshall, Delta State, Southern Mississippi, Michigan and Memphis.

Alcorn State will open the 2012 season against Grambling State in the Port City Classic on September 1, 2012.

Schmoove and another HBCU-nites what you think about this move?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Just like when black frats throw in a white boy or Latino. Giving away something that's yours. But if they feel he'll win them more games than a black coach :manny:
I'm sure alumni are upset tho