Alexi Lalas calls out the USMNT

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
All those players were extremely athletic breh. Height isn't everything.

Jesus that wide receiver guy so stiff. :huhldup:

Those players are really athletic though, they're balance, pace and quick feet isn't something you can just teach. There's different types of athleticism, it's not all height and strength.
Messi went from 0 to 19.5 MPH in 2.7 seconds all while dribbling a football, that's freakish man. :wow:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that any of the top footy players in the world aren't athletic. NBA players and some NFL players depending on the position are just out of this world freak athletes.

The combination of skill, athleticism, stoping and going while controlling the ball with your feet is a skill that very few normal humans will ever be to do.

Every sport is unique and has it's own set of unique skill sets that make the top players in their sport world class athletes. It's why I'll never buy into the people that say "If our top athletes in this country played we'd dominate." Lebron James and his 6'9" body would not be able to do what Messi and Mardona can do with their feet. Michael Jordan in his prime went to go play baseball and looked like an amateur. Very seldom do you see an athlete be able to play more then one sport at a top level.

Last edited:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Dude, thanks. I help run a rec center and I floated the idea out to the board members and they seem keen on it. Especially considering, how cheap the sport is compared to others. I think by Feb I should have a solid foundation down so I can pitch to some Board members and apply for the 501(c)3.

Not sure if you are much of a fan of Detroit City FC, but you can try and link up with them also. I'd think they'd want to be part of something that helps the community and is soccer oriented.

Daps
if you ask me, more KIDS always played soccer growing up than I knew who played anything else in the suburbs...but theres no real outlets for talent growth, especially with the FORCED collegiate filter.

Until the US understands that Football (or as you guys call 'Soccer :scust: ) is a sport where the best usually come from low income backgrounds, nothing will change. Furthermore, US has this idea that Football is just a sport that you can jump into starting at college (a lot of these players look like they flopped at getting into other sports) when the reality is that countries that are dominant in the sport its like any other sport you're in it from as young as 5 years old.

Then you got most of these guys playing in the fukkin MLS. Americans gotta understand if you want your players to develop send them to Europe. Theres nothing competitive about MLS thats a league that footballers over here use as a retirement home :scust:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why complain? All the USA players are the ones getting picked up for the final roster spots in Europe

These nikkas ain't good enough

Why can't they accept this?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if you are much of a fan of Detroit City FC, but you can try and link up with them also. I'd think they'd want to be part of something that helps the community and is soccer oriented.

They already have a partnership with PAL. Unfortunately.