Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn

the store in Silverlake was always busy

where will hipsters/bohemians get their toilet paper now?
There's a few things you don't buy cheap. Can't have no name ketchup or 1 ply budget toilet tissue. Might as well wipe with cactus leaf :scust:

That dollar store bought bullshyt will have you using half the roll to wipe so you don't save shyt in the end using damn near translucent tissue

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
it was never really $1 unless you buying candy or mints or something. plus it was always dusty in there so its for the best.
I disagree. Before inflation, the "99 Cents Only Store" & "Dollar Tree" were true dollar store franchises unlike "Dollar General" & "Family Dollar".

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
man I went into some dollar store a while back and got 3 things and paid like $7....got into it with the cashier about how her whole business a fraud :pacspit:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’ll always be grateful for that store. In the early days of my relationship to my now wife we were struggling with not making enough money but wanting to live on our own. Back then the 99 super store carried name brand products that weren’t popular and were liquidated by suppliers or nearing expiration dates so they sold stock off to the dollar stores. We were able to live quite well off $50 per week with “some” fresh food items until both of us started making good enough money to not need it anymore. It was a solid 2 years though where all our glassware, cookware, utensils etc were coming from that store just to get us through and was the perfect stepping stone to get us where we wanted/needed to go :mjcry:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Welcome. The illusion of choice rears its ugly head.

So, do you shop at Walmart or Kroger, playboy?