"Who are the Knicks? Brunson, Brunson and some other Knickas" " - Official '23 NYK Offseason Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The hell are YOU talking about blind ass lol. How about you read & comprehend before quoting me

The article plainly said: "The Knicks watched the team move with a different energy around Toppin last season and decided to re-sign Mitchell Robinson, add Isaiah Hartenstein, re-sign Jericho Sims and hold onto Julius Randle, blocking Toppin’s path once again"
Again this didn’t bring up Thibs one bit. The whole premise of the article is that Obi and Quick have value right now until their extensions kick in and are trying to get a second star. Your comment had no correlation to the premise or base of this article.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Again this didn’t bring up Thibs one bit. The whole premise of the article is that Obi and Quick have value right now until their extensions kick in and are trying to get a second star. Your comment had no correlation to the premise or base of this article.
You can't bring up Randle & not bring Thibs up who's enabled this situation. Stop being an obtuse Randle apologist

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
You can't bring up Randle & not bring Thibs up who's enabled this situation. Stop being an obtuse Randle apologist
Jesus you’re just hoe babbling to hoe babble . How did Thibs put the Knicks in a position that they have to trade Quickly or Toppin? Did Thibs give Barrett that 27 million dollar a year extension? Last time I checked didn’t Thibs want Barrett gone for Grimes? Do you really think Thibs wants Rose traded? Do you really think Randle the third highest player behind Brunson and Barrett is the reason Quick is about to be gone.

Quote: “But what happens when a team has flexibility within Plan A but opts against forming Plans B and C?”

^^ This was always the front office plan. They are all in on a star. The front office doesn’t have faith in those kids like that.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Anerdyblackguy

STFU with your wack takes & Randle apologist posts. You're one of the wort posters in here; no joke. The bottom line is, had Thibs played these guys sooner & benched Randle at certain points last season, we'd know what we have in regards to the young guys & a trade package could've been offered to different teams sooner. That's what you're failing to comprehend. This glut isn't just on the FO

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
STFU with your wack takes & Randle apologist posts. You're one of the wort posters in here; no joke. The bottom line is, had Thibs played these guys sooner & benched Randle at certain points last season, we'd know what we have in regards to the young guys & a trade package could've been offered to different teams. That's what you're failing to comprehend. This glut isn't just on the FO
Your first two sentences shows you lack maturity so this will be the last time we talk on this. The Knicks Front office knows what they have hence they are making moves now. They know what Obi is hence they tried to move him for Jaden Ivey and Mitchell. They know what Quick is which is why they want a first round pick. They know what Grimes is which is why the Knicks didn’t want to trade him. It’s been three years they know the kids inside and out. Blaming Thibs is dumb. Have a good day.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Your first two sentences shows you lack maturity so this will be the last time we talk on this. The Knicks Front office knows what they have hence they are making moves now. They know what Obi is hence they tried to move him for Jaden Ivey and Mitchell. They know what Quick is which is why they want a first round pick. They know what Grimes is which is why the Knicks didn’t want to trade him. It’s been three years they know the kids inside and out. Blaming Thibs is dumb. Have a good day.
So saying I'm ho babbling is any better lol. STFU bro like I said. You're making excuses for the FO & Thibs fails which is why I say you're a terrible poster when it comes to this. We DON'T know what Obi's is or will become because the dude plays like 15 mins a game or less :heh:

Had the FO had the balls to hold Thibs accountable for this & Thibs bench Randle when he's stinking up the court, this could've been averted. You're in denial lol

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
So saying I'm ho babbling is any better lol. STFU bro like I said. You're making excuses for the FO & Thibs fails which is why I say you're a terrible poster when it comes to this. We DON'T know what Obi's is or will become because the dude plays like 15 mins a game or less :heh:

Had the FO had the balls to hold Thibs accountable for this & Thibs bench Randle when he's stinking up the court, this could've been averted. You're in denial lol
Actually I’ll give you props on that first part. You’re right I can’t call you immature and say you are hoe babbling. That didn’t make sense and I’ll apologize for that and I’m serious.

Now I 100 percent disagree with you about Thibs and the front office. I think outside of the Donovan trade they’ve been doing a good job so far. And I do believe Thibs is probably our second best coach after Woodson since the 2000’s.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather keep IQ for now and bundle him with RJ for something when he's available for trade. We're not getting a star with IQ and Obi alone, even if we're bundling our picks too.

Getting rid of Randle should still be the priority. He's playing well enough to get a pretty good return..... But teams never sell high so that's not gonna happen lol.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Actually I’ll give you props on that first part. You’re right I can’t call you immature and say you are hoe babbling. That didn’t make sense and I’ll apologize for that and I’m serious.

Now I 100 percent disagree with you about Thibs and the front office. I think outside of the Donovan trade they’ve been doing a good job so far. And I do believe Thibs is probably our second best coach after Woodson since the 2000’s.
No apology needed. We can get mad at each other for having differing opinions but I wouldn't let anyone outside of us Knickas bash you lol

I agree with you to a certain point on this bro. But the FO created this glut & didn't force Thibs to play the youth until too late. Had they & Thibs done this, I think we'd be in a much better position than now. The minimum would be at least we'd know what we have at this point in the season. And to me, it all starts with accountability which there clearly is for some but not all. I'm impressed with how Obi is publicly hadnling this situation & I'm surprised Thibs hasn't lost the team because of it. But I think sooner or later it's gonna rear it's ugly head

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Reading this Atlantic article it feels clear they are going to move Immanuel and Possibly Obi. The Knicks seek to add not one but two all stars if they can.

Never forget the mission.

The New York Knicks want to trade for a star. Not sign one. Not increase their chances of drafting one. They want to trade for one and then trade for another.

Make sure to assess the front office within that context.

It’s why the Knicks flipped the No. 19 pick for a future first-rounder on NBA Draft night in 2021. It’s why they exchanged No. 11 for three future firsts the following summer. It’s why they’ve signed veterans in the hopes of being competitive enough to make it onto a headliner’s vaunted list.

Knicks leadership is a 1990s teen angst band; they just want someone to want them. It’s why they’ve held onto all of their picks and why they’ve clutched onto their young players so tightly that they wouldn’t even spin them into Donovan Mitchell. Losing too many of them along with too many draft picks would mean not having enough left over to trade for a second star — and, to paraphrase something a general manager once told me, the price of having one star is two stars.

During his few public-facing appearances with the team’s television network, Knicks president Leon Rose has discussed the organization’s long-term flexibility while alluding to that plan. Star packages consist of young talent and lots of picks. The Knicks have both, which must mean they’re in good shape.

But what happens when a team has flexibility within Plan A but opts against forming Plans B and C?

Well, then you might see reports like the one The Athletic’s Shams Charania wrote Friday: The Knicks “have shown a willingness to discuss” a promising guard, Immanuel Quickley, in trades.

Quickley hasn’t shot well over the Knicks’ first 18 games. His efficiency has plummeted since his rookie season, but he’s vastly improved as a defender. He’s one of the squad’s best helpers and is handsy guarding dribblers. He pushes the pace and is a loose-ball fiend. Quickley has trended unexpectedly since bursting onto the scene in 2020-21: from an instant-offense bucket-getter who didn’t give the Knicks much if he wasn’t scoring, to a do-the-little-things pest whose offense is too inconsistent.

Still, the Knicks are steadily better when he plays. And yet, he rests cleanly on the trade block.

After years of the front office white-knuckling its young guys, why is Quickley all of a sudden expendable? How did this happen?
It’s difficult to muse about the Knicks’ philosophies without circling back to the grand plan.

The Knicks waited long enough in their quest for a star that the young players they hoped could form the core of a big-time trade are about to lose what makes them the most attractive: their cheapness.

Whatever the specific reasons the Knicks have for listening to offers on Quickley, remember how moves of the past have fit into Plan A. The Knicks churned the 19th selection in 2021 into a future first-rounder because, at the time, they believed the hopes and dreams that draft picks represent would be more attractive in a trade for a star than the certainty of an actual human, which is what they would have had if they’d drafted at No. 19. According to sources around the league, the Knicks have targeted a future first-round pick in a return for Quickley, who is extension-eligible this upcoming summer.

And thus, it all starts to make sense.

Maybe a hypothetical Quickley trade won’t be for a draft pick. Maybe the Knicks deal him for something that helps them today. Maybe they include him in a bigger package. Or maybe they end up holding onto him for so long that he retires years from now with New York across his chest. Who knows how this ends?

Organizations talk trades with other teams all the time. It’s not worth evaluating them until they are official. But based on where Quickley is in his contract and based on what the Knicks are telling other teams they’d like back for him, this is as good a moment as any to check in on that long-term plan and how the 23-year-old guard fits into it.

Extension eligibility is a major milestone for young players. Quickley is cheap this season and the next one, but once he earns his market value (or at least can threaten that an organization has to pay it to him) anyone considering lusting after him in a trade will think about him differently. The same concept also surrounds Obi Toppin, who is extension eligible in summer 2023.

:laff: I swear to god I’m about done. This front office is garbage fake respectability, nepotism based, name chasing ass shyt, this shyt is a laundering scheme for CAA :pacspit:

This isn’t run like a basketball organization it’s run like a typical city bureaucratic institution that’s why no progress is made shyt is a dog and pony show

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'd rather keep IQ for now and bundle him with RJ for something when he's available for trade. We're not getting a star with IQ and Obi alone, even if we're bundling our picks too.

Getting rid of Randle should still be the priority. He's playing well enough to get a pretty good return..... But teams never sell high so that's not gonna happen lol.

Knicks stuck with Randle unless they attach a bunch of prospects/picks to move his contract or wait until he's expiring.

Realistically... what other team's GM is sitting down and saying: "you know what would really put our team over the hump - Julius Randle" :russ:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Knicks stuck with Randle unless they attach a bunch of prospects/picks to move his contract or wait until he's expiring.

Realistically... what other team's GM is sitting down and saying: "you know what would really put our team over the hump - Julius Randle" :russ:
Not true. There’s been reports of teams like Phoenix, Miami, Charlotte being interested in Randle.

Julius has skills teams covet and his contract is relatively team friendly. I don’t believe you need to attach picks to move him he isn’t that bad.