(00:00:00) - Intro
(00:02:00) - New Album, Fatherhood, Compton
(00:08:48) - Lakers, LA Hoops, Baron Davis, Music Inspirations
(00:19:58) - Becoming The Game, Meeting Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre
(00:28:50) - The Documentary, Falling out with Interscope, Relationship with Kobe
(00:36:52) - The Doctor’s Advocate, Working w/ Nas & Busta Rhymes in NYC, Going Independent
(00:54:22) - Relationship with Kanye, Eminem
(01:07:51) - Quick Hitters
(01:15:14) - End
- Confirms Just Blaze and Swizz Beatz are on Drillmatic, Stephen Jackson says no one else from the West sounds better with Just Blaze than Game.
- Ran into Venus and Serena growing up because he ran ball in the same park where they played tennis as kids. (lol)
- NBA Players Game grew up with: Baron Davis (we already knew this), tells a story about BD dunking on him, Ray Young (he was there in studio too), "I scored 30 on Ray Young, but he put up 45", Kenny Brunner, David "Super Crip" Hamilton, tells story how he got shot in the leg and played in the all-star game the next day, Schea Cotton,
- He met and rapped for Snoop Dogg and later JT The Bigga Figga at a hip-hop summit hosted by Russell Simmons at a convention center in LA - that's what led to him getting signed by JT The Bigga Figga and working with him in the Bay.
- Almost signed to Puff, but they never got to working, they only partied around, eventually Game went with Dre. Same usual Interscope story from Game after this about freestyling for Busta, seeing Rakim write to In Da Club beat, etc.
- Baron Davis bought Game his first Range Rover, Game drove it to the album release party for The Documentary with bullet holes in it cause there was a shootout that day
- No beef with 50 today, brings up how Game is the one guy 50 doesn't play around with on IG outta all the people 50 has had beef with.
- Stephen Jackson brings up how Kobe thanked Game for The Documentary, they talk Kobe, and Game said Kobe said he liked Doctors Advocate more.
- Goes into the creation of Doctors Advocate and his personal relationships with Nas and Busta, and how Nas inspired Drillmatic and how Busta played a part in de-escalating the beef with 50.
- Got out his deal with Interscope by bringing a gun to the building, and demanding them to end the contract. (lol)
- New West Coast artists Game fukks with: Baby Keem, Reason, LaRussell, Baby Stone Gorillas, Tyler The Creator
- Matt Barnes was at the freestyle battle Game and Kanye had back in the day at celebrity party at Nike Town,
- Game says he was always brothers with Kanye throughout his career, and admits he was violating talking about Kim and Kanye checked him about it, until he did it again, and then Kanye stopped fukking with him for a while. He said Kanye got him back and that Kanye is a comedian in person.
- Clarifies the Kanye did more than Dre statement, says Dre signed him and put him on, but also because it benefitted Dre and Jimmy, and Kanye and him have collabed his entire career and have had personal conversations that inspired Game and Kanye has given him opportunities.
- Admits Dre doesn't owe him anything, including having Game at the Super Bowl show. Still thinks its weird he wasn't there.
- Claims he's better than Em as a rapper, attributes Em's success to Interscope's full support, Dre's cosign, and his white fanbase, otherwise no one really listening to Em outside. Admits Em is talented and has skill, but caveats it with Em doesnt make good music. Its clear there's some internalized jealousy here cause he says he could've got a similar push too if Interscope wanted to press the button.
- Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes both agree no one listens to Eminem, only white people. Stephen Jackson says Renegade is a big reason why Em got play in the hood, cause Hov gave everyone the OK. They go into how Renegade was originally a Royce song with Em.
- Claims Interscope has enough power and resources in the industry to turn anyone into a rap superstar.
- Sold the G-Unot trademark to 50 and Interscope for a million. (lol)
- Remembered by one bar or song in your career: Dont Need Your Love off The Documentary. Stephen Jackson said Dont Need Your Love and Start From Scratch are two of his favorite songs.
- Starting 5 from LA: Kenny Brunner, Baron Davis, Ray Young, Charles O'Bannon, Jelani McCoy
- Top 5 West Coast emcees: Cube, Kendrick, Game, MC Ren, E-40