Allen Iverson "endorses" Steve Nash as Nets coach on Stephen Jax Show (Full show Video)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
See his comments about Steve Nash :jbhmm:

Allen Iverson details the time Tim Duncan “snitched” for him, praises Gregg Popovich
The Answer opens up about Tim Duncan on the All The Smoke Podcast

By Noah_Magaro-George and Marilyn Dubinski Sep 26, 2020, 4:48pm CDTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
  • SHAREAll sharing opti
    1249216430.jpg.0.jpg
    Photo by G Fiume/Getty Images
NBA Hall of Famer Allen Iverson recently sat down with Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes for an episode of “All the Smoke”, and despite only one of the trio having Spurs ties, they somehow made it into the conversation anyway.

AI first told a funny story about Tim Duncan during their time together on the US Men’s Basketball Team at the 2004 Olympics. After being being the victim of a peanut butter prank, Tim ratted to him who did it, allowing Iverson to take his revenge (although he didn’t reveal who the culprit was to the audience — here’s the roster if anyone wants to hazard a guess).

“We were in our dorm, and I was asleep. And I woke up and had peanut butter between my feet and all in my hands and a [expletive] tickling my face. I slapped my face — peanut butter everywhere. Tim snitched on who did it.”

Iverson, like most NBA players, also had some nice things to say about Gregg Popovich when it came to the discussion of Steve Nash becoming the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

“I knew it with Steve Nash because he has so much to offer to our sport because he’s excellent, he’s a great person. I never had the luxury of being around him a lot, but just hearing stories from others… He’s just a beautiful man,”

“Shout out to you, Steve, I wanna see you do great man. I wanna see you become a legendary Gregg Popovich, Larry Brown type influence in peoples’ lives like they were to me. You know Gregg Popovich was so great to me from far away. Always supportive…Just excellent.”

It always seems like everyone has a funny and/or loving story about Tim and Pop, so it’s always fun to hear about it when they come up. You can watch the entire episode below or by clicking here.
CONTENT BY SB NATION