Alotta y’all only hate gangster/drill rap because you still hold envy towards the hood nikkas in high school

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I had a guy approach me at my job because I used to “bully” him in school. He’s a boxer now.

I didn’t even realize I caused that much trauma in his life. In my mind it was just fun and roasting but he took it a different way.

I explained to him that I I’m not that same person anymore and I apologized. We shook hands then the EMT put me on the stretcher.
:laff:

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had a guy approach me at my job because I used to “bully” him in school. He’s a boxer now.

I didn’t even realize I caused that much trauma in his life. In my mind it was just fun and roasting but he took it a different way.

I explained to him that I I’m not that same person anymore and I apologized. We shook hands then the EMT put me on the stretcher.
Damn, Corn-Pop came back with a vengeance.

:damn:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about you, but in my hs, athletes and beast suburbs nikkas were the ones getting the bytches and most popular

this was from 04-08. 07/08 rap was transitioning from street to more suburban or safe music

If you remember rap music pre-Kanye West, it was a million Tupac clones, talking about catching bodies while rocking expensive outfits. A bunch of Crack Era thug brehs rapping extra tough and going to jail, never releasing projects or touring because of maintaining their street rep.

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
i dont hate gangsta and drill rap i hate how much influence it has on the youth. and how much we allow these rappers to be our idols and spokesperson.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference between gangster rap of the 80s and 90s particularly ice T and Scarface there was consequences in your actions in the street life…look at these two videos

These young drill rappers today never tell these young nikkas truths if u are in the streets

Last edited:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To add on to your point I think people idolize the rap/tv version of the street dude not the real street dude who's trapping all day just to come up with money for the electric bill.
Street dudes would be looked at as roaches if it wasn't for the lifestyle being glamorized over scorching hot beats.

Trapping , hustling and having to watch your back 24/7 ain't nearly as "cool" once the music is turned off.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Street dudes would be looked at as roaches if it wasn't for the lifestyle being glamorized over scorching hot beats.

Trapping , hustling and having to watch your back 24/7 ain't nearly as "cool" once the music is turned off.
Exactly. I've been around real street dudes. Their life isn't exciting as movies and rap makes it out to seems.