Alright film brehs, I need some foreign gangster movie recommendations.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
City of God: gangster/hood movie in the Brazil favelas. My favorite foreign movie and one of my favorites period. Great storytelling and absolutely beautiful cinematography.

Sin Nombre: sort of a half gangster (MS-13 mainly) movie and half immigration story.

The Long Good Friday: UK gangster movie and also deals with the IRA. Bob Hoskins is excellent in it. Helen Mirren is really good in it too. Pierce Brosnan has a small role as well.

Last edited:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
images

MV5BZDk5MzAyZjgtYjExMi00OTlkLTkzMmQtNzAxOGIwMjhmMjU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
Piranhas - about a group of youngins in Italy gettin into organized crime and dealing with the innner struggles that come with that life...the cinematography is :ohlawd:

Gomorrah - almost a predecessor to Piranhas...both films are based on books by Roberto Saviano...Scorsese gave this one the stamp ...:ahh: the trailer doesn't do it justice tho...

It's a spanish crime film that was on Netflix a few years ago that was dope...i'll try to find the name of it and update...

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If you can handle Yakuza flicks that are more atmospheric - Sonatine is a classic. Don't expect a whole lot of action.

If you want HK Gangsters (Triad stuff is usually pretty good)

The Killer by John Woo

I'd also recommend A Better Tomorrow, Internal Affairs, Hard boiled

You want Indonesian Gangsters- The Raid and Raid 2

You want Mexican cartel? Sicario and No Country for Old Men

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
All on Netflix

A Family a delinquent finds purpose with the Yakuza

Burn Out. Not high tier drama but a good watch, about a superbike racer forced to run drugs to save his baby mama.

The Fable: The Killer Who Doesn't Kill
Crime dramedy about a contract killer forced to take a sabbatical leave :dead: *This is a sequel but I watched it first and found it superior to the first movie. Up to you if you want to watch.