Am I A CAC? I RECEIVED My AncestryDNA Results TODAY (UPDATE: Results ARE ON PAGE 1)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I paid $123 for it yesterday online. It will be here by Saturday :blessed: How it works is you put your saliva in a tube and send it off. Basically, it will take 6 -8 weeks to test :krs: I wonder who I'm related to and where my family stems from. I've heard stories, but I need to see proof:lupe:

I've heard stories of West Indian and Cherokee. Also, I know some of my features may look exotic in a way :lupe:

Plus, my family is scattered in Delaware, NY, Massachusetts, Alabama, D.C., PA Florida, and may be one other place

UPDATE: Here are my results. Plus, I have cousins I've never seen before.

Part%201_zpsyk2gmkp4.jpg

Part%202_zpsmaprzlsn.jpg

UPDATE2: I uploaded my results there and it told me something different.

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I paid $123 for it yesterday online. It will be here by Saturday :blessed: How it works is you put your saliva in a tube and send it off. Basically, it will take 6 -8 weeks to test :krs: I wonder who I'm related to and where my family stems from. I've heard stories, but I need to see proof:lupe:

So you handed over your DNA to some private corporation and gave them money to store it and to do as they please. :mjlol:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cops...-and-23andme-for-their-customers’-dna.385529/

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
ALWAYS been iffy about this entire practice

Let alone, how accurate are these tests to begin with?

I can go without knowing anyway, nothing wrong with knowing what I know already and working on self
It's important to know your genetic background though. Also, you may have relatives that you never knew.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's important to know your genetic background though. Also, you may have relatives that you never knew.
My relatives are within me, literally. Their cells and genetic codes make me who I am

I mean, I wouldn't mind finding out formally I just have my skepticism towards these corporations.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
My relatives are within me, literally. Their cells and genetic codes make me who I am

I mean, I wouldn't mind finding out formally I just have my skepticism towards these corporations.
Well, I already bought it now, so I'll just put it to good use. Also, I never got caught up wit da law so..............

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've heard stories of West Indian and Cherokee. Also, I know some of my features may look exotic in a way :lupe:

Yo... Imma hit you on PM my fellow P-towner.

Daps
I've always wanted to do this but I've always wondered how accurate these tests are. Like do they collect your saliva, wait a few weeks and then send you some numbers? :jbhmm:
There's really no way to know.
As far as the whole " the government has your DNA now" thing, if you were born in a American hospital. They already have it
:yeshrug: