Am I a dumbass or is FL Studio hard as hell to learn?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You're welcome man !
And don't be afraid to use "Cheesy" free VST's.
Even if the instruments don't sound "Real", it's the sound design stage and the mixing/mastering stage which matters the most
and will bring even the wackest shyt to life.

Also:
Do you brehs exlusively use drum packs ? Or do you chop up and sample your own drums ?

I've got a few packs but I'm looking into trying to either record my own drums OR start sampling
from this vinyl I've been collecting.

Also @TEKBEATZ, hey O.G. what's the word on sample flipping ? I really want to get into that next.
I agree because Pharrell has said Teddy Riley is such a dope engineer he can make a shytty kick sound good.

That being said one should still form a collection of quality VSTs and drums as you grow. This shyt is hard enough, not everyone will have that gift to do that tho.

Beginners should definitely cop quality drums before go makin their own whether that’s sampling or recording your own. Sound selection plays a big role.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely. And I don't mean to say "get crappy sounds" but I'm really trying to get across is a lot "Free stuff" is actually already professional grade even if it doesn't "sound" like it.
Synths like Tyrell N6 or Vital or whole Daws like Studio One or Cakewalk or MPC Beats.

The old adage "A bad work man blames his tools" really applies today where someone can get so much album ready stuff completely free.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I got this shyt on my laptop & when I open it up it's like reading Chinese

My cousin is a producer plugged in the industry and hooked me up with mad shyt like Omnisphere and other crazy plugins and my tiny ass brain can't use any of it
Navie D
fukk with that YouTube channel for a month and post something here!

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Almost a year, how’s it going?
My bad bro :skip: I meant to reply to this the day you posted but the shyt slipped my mind

I started doing what everyone else in the industry does & started using loops. Not only Looperman, but I have producers from around the world sending me loops too, by just reaching out lol. This kid from Russia sent me a goddamn 200 pack of straight fire. I used YouTube tutorials to learn trap/R&B/dancehall drum programming, and with the loops now I can make beats in literally 10 minutes. I'm not gonna be lazy forever, because I have Omnisphere & want to learn it, but right now loops are a cheat code.

One thing I will say about the producer community is that everyone fukks with each other & is for the most part friendly as hell. I was networking with nikkas in Canada, Brazil, Israel, Russia, etc. Industry producers are actually cool, I've had DM convos with ATL Jacob, Dun Deal, Cassius Jay, Chopsquad DJ, Callan.

My cousin is a producer that has gotten further in the game & has placements with Jackboy, Skooly, Lil Keed, Rylo Rodriguez, Big 30 & some other guys. I'm from Miami which is a great place to network, so I'd tag along with him to the studio from time to time. I got introduced to the dark side of the music business, so I kinda got disillusioned & just make beats as a creative hobby now, but I still upload to YouTube & have my Airbit page.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My bad bro :skip: I meant to reply to this the day you posted but the shyt slipped my mind

I started doing what everyone else in the industry does & started using loops. Not only Looperman, but I have producers from around the world sending me loops too, by just reaching out lol. This kid from Russia sent me a goddamn 200 pack of straight fire. I used YouTube tutorials to learn trap/R&B/dancehall drum programming, and with the loops now I can make beats in literally 10 minutes. I'm not gonna be lazy forever, because I have Omnisphere & want to learn it, but right now loops are a cheat code.

One thing I will say about the producer community is that everyone fukks with each other & is for the most part friendly as hell. I was networking with nikkas in Canada, Brazil, Israel, Russia, etc. Industry producers are actually cool, I've had DM convos with ATL Jacob, Dun Deal, Cassius Jay, Chopsquad DJ, Callan.

My cousin is a producer that has gotten further in the game & has placements with Jackboy, Skooly, Lil Keed, Rylo Rodriguez, Big 30 & some other guys. I'm from Miami which is a great place to network, so I'd tag along with him to the studio from time to time. I got introduced to the dark side of the music business, so I kinda got disillusioned & just make beats as a creative hobby now, but I still upload to YouTube & have my Airbit page.

Elaborate. :patrice:

Outside of that, that sounds pretty nice. I'm a little jealous because I have zero doubt in my mind that I could do exactly what you did in terms of networking, but since I'm not a super active social media guy, I never dove deep into the rabbit hole. The most I've done is gotten some email addresses from some industry producers and artists I really fukk with, but that's about it. I decided to build with local artists first to see if I can get something poppin first before I start trying to get my foot in the door.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Have experience with Logic Pro, FL (some) and Ableton. FL is just like braille on Mac, a bit much. Ableton has so many features but you gotta break it down piece by piece

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
sheeeit. back in the limewire days. I downloaded the whole Kanye sample pack and Dre sounds thang thang.

Was rippin tha that shyt on a QWERTY KEYBOARD... fukk a MIDI interface.

FL is basically what you put into it. I was making crazy shyt at 23.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
sheeeit. back in the limewire days. I downloaded the whole Kanye sample pack and Dre sounds thang thang.

Was rippin tha that shyt on a QWERTY KEYBOARD... fukk a MIDI interface.

FL is basically what you put into it. I was making crazy shyt at 23.
Post shyt breh