Am I crazy? Why is a mariachi band on top of the US music charts? The fck?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Am I crazy? I don't check the music charts often, but when I do it's normally a black rapper or a white woman pop star at the top. So just for shyts and giggles I open up the US charts and I see the number one song is some random Mexican band, who is singing entirely in Spanish.:why:

01672841693.jpg

A band called "Grupo Frontera" has got the number one spot and several of the top one hundred spots too. I'm confused.

Did I accidentally move to Latin America in the last month? The fck is happening here ? :wtf:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Am I crazy? I don't check the music charts often, but when I do it's normally a black rapper or a white woman pop star at the top. So just for shyts and giggles I open up the US charts and I see the number one song is some random Mexican band, who is singing entirely in Spanish.:why:

01672841693.jpg

A band called "Grupo Frontera" has got the number one spot and several of the top one hundred spots too. I'm confused.

Did I accidentally move to Latin America in the last month? The fck is happening here ? :wtf:

Or you might be drunk

or seriously sleep deprived

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
OP is wrong, but i could see this being in the near future. I've been OCONUS for the past several years, and I just got back, and it's immigrant island. The energy is very weird here. The cheap, third world labor and the Caucasian overseer vibe is real.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
OP is wrong, but i could see this being in the near future. I've been OCONUS for the past several years, and I just got back, and it's immigrant island. The energy is very weird here. The cheap, third world labor and the Caucasian overseer vibe is real.
He’s not wrong just going off his streaming services chart.

The streaming services rank based strictly off the number of streams and Latin music is almost always at the top.

According to Apple Music, Miley Cyrus has the number 1 song in the world and the song in the op is 7th.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
One of the GOATS ie taylor swift is the one running the billboards not this random guy alot of people have never heard about lol