Am I late for just now learning that "Broken" Matt Hardy is essentially Mikami from "Death Note?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I know "Death Note" has been around for a pretty long time, but I just got around to watching it a week or so ago when I peeped that it was on Netflix. I'm watching it last night (only 3 episodes left) and see this character Teru Mikami writing in the Death Note...

At first, I didn't think much of it, but then I noticed what he was saying while writing names in the notebook... :ohhh:

Haven't heard Teru crack and hit any "Wonderful!"'s or "Delightful's", but that's definitely where the "Delete" chant and motion is from. (Can't post a GIF if Matt striking the notebook to go with this line yet since I'm at work).

If you've watched it, you know the deal, so I'm not acting like I've made some major discovery but it did have me like :ohhh: :wow: when I peeped it. Very intriguing.

I actually think that it's pretty clever to have found something that was somewhat obscure in a show, incorporate it into your character, and add enough to get it over as well as Matt did.

Wonder what other less obvious character (not costume) inspirations there are out here that people may be unintentionally overlooking. :ehh:

Daps
giphy.gif