Am I Socially Awkward or what brehs?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Today my command had this Potluck Lunch-In in a different building from my own. I got introduced to people on the spot and my shyness started to kick in.

What I've noticed now and throughout my life is that when I'm doing something where I feel like I'm acting normal, the people around me will be staring like I'm acting weird or some shyt.

It's to the point where people will come over to me and ask if I'm good. The thing with this is that oftentimes I'd wanna be anywhere but where I'm at and can't wait to leave. My guess is that maybe I give off energy that people can feel...maybe? Idk.

People use to ask why I look mad when I was younger even though at the time I was just shy.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
The thing with this is that oftentimes I'd wanna be anywhere but where I'm at and can't wait to leave.

We've all been somewhere we don't want to be. Church on a Sunday morning, 8AM classes, baby showers, weddings etc. Most people are able to keep themselves composed instead of throwing tantrums and making it uncomfortable for everyone.

My guess is that maybe I give off energy that people can feel...maybe? Idk.

It's called body language.:mjlol:

Cmon dog don't act so clueless.

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
"oftentimes I'd wanna be anywhere but where I'm at and can't wait to leave"

Do you have anxiety and do you get nervous during these situations? Social anxiety could be the issue or maybe you just come off as too tense.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
"oftentimes I'd wanna be anywhere but where I'm at and can't wait to leave"

Do you have anxiety and do you get nervous during these situations? Social anxiety could be the issue or maybe you just come off as too tense.
Probably tension. Everyone told me to ease up when I first got to my command.

Edit: I also feel uneasy around people. Like I can't trust em' and I kinda feel like they might be talking shyt behind my back.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It will pass...

Thats all you got to remember

You don't got to go out your way to be somebody you not (especially at a fukking potluck) just be cool and it will pass.

Find a place to post up. I didn't use to really eat at potlucks, I'd just get a drink and chill somewhere until it was over. Once I started knowing people and making friends, they would come chill by me or got some jokes or something. I still didn't eat, but once people know who you are then it's just another day at the office really

kenreid0726eabos

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey USA
Today my command had this Potluck Lunch-In in a different building from my own. I got introduced to people on the spot and my shyness started to kick in.

What I've noticed now and throughout my life is that when I'm doing something where I feel like I'm acting normal, the people around me will be staring like I'm acting weird or some shyt.

It's to the point where people will come over to me and ask if I'm good. The thing with this is that oftentimes I'd wanna be anywhere but where I'm at and can't wait to leave. My guess is that maybe I give off energy that people can feel...maybe? Idk.

People use to ask why I look mad when I was younger even though at the time I was just shy.

I've been socially awkward all my Life op and I am a weird hUmAn being in Life with a Autism Human Brain :( :smile:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

You sound like a fellow introvert like my self, all I say is play the game when at work..... I usually go relax in more car when at work.