Am I the only one that HATES Drake's singing???

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Atleast he rap better than "yelling bout killing my momma " Eminem :yeshrug:

nah.gif

Doctor's orders, go fukk yourself :pacspit:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Drake fan here but holy shyt. :dead::deadrose::mindblown::rudy::camby:

The ghostwriting thing in rap is different than in R&B because you gotta take into account the main talent is singing...Mariah may not write a damn thing but she can blow...you'd write a song for her because she's can more than likely sing it better than you can.

Drake is getting R&B songs written for him by people that can sing way better than he can.

:snoop:

He can't really rap or sing, he's just a face/celebrity.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
He is better at singing compared to other rappers but when you compare him to other singers..yeah he is terrible. That boy can rap though, look at back 2 back or his 5am in toronto songs, it's so fire. Wish he wouldn't play it safe with his albums and do that.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
He is better at singing compared to other rappers but when you compare him to other singers..yeah he is terrible. That boy can rap though, look at back 2 back or his 5am in toronto songs, it's so fire. Wish he wouldn't play it safe with his albums and do that.
Cee lo,k-os,andre 3000,krizz kaliko etci can name tons of rappers that blow him out of the water at singing.

He sucks at singing. Its so monotone.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Drake got them struggle notes, I remember when breezy upstage him on his own song.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
The Studio works wonders for that man...

I think the singing songs actually sound more genuine than when he raps at least content wise.... Hotline Bling is an example

His songs don't sound too bad on the radio/CD but the fact that he can't perform them well live is concerning

Can a Drake fan post a video of him sounding good singing live?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I hate Drake period. And J cole, and Kendrick. Fetty Wap. Future. Macklemore. Mac Miller. Kanye's pretty annoying. Jay-Z is like mickey mouse.

:manny:

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
The ghostwriting thing in rap is different than in R&B because you gotta take into account the main talent is singing...Mariah may not write a damn thing but she can blow...you'd write a song for her because she's can more than likely sing it better than you can.

Drake is getting R&B songs written for him by people that can sing way better than he can.

:snoop:

He can't really rap or sing, he's just a face/celebrity.
receipts? :sas2:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
most singing rappers aren't trying to actually make r&B songs, they just got the sing songy thing going on their hooks/"rap" records. drake is trying to be played on the quiet storm