Am I the only one who followed WWE devlopmental before NXT?

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I've been following developmental and watching their various feds on and off for about ten years. In fact I'd say Heyman's OVW run was the most entertaining shyt I've seen since the Attitude era and I haven't seen anything better since. TNA really fukked up by not giving him anything he wanted to come save them. He got incredible things out of guys like Johnny Jeter (Johnny from the Spirit Squad), Matt Capotelli, The Heartbreakers (Hearthrobs in WWE), The Tolands (dikks in WWE), MNM. With him at the helm Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra) really did look like he could follow in Randy Orton's footsteps.

In contrast FCW was the most boring shyt I've ever had the displeasure and misfortune and outright misery to watch since the final days of Thunder. I never saw Deep South Wrestling but I can't imagine it was much better than FCW.

Cornette's work on OVW was not only trash but the way he oversold his guys in interview rankles my jimmies to this day. Benjamin was a black Sting, Nick (Eugene) Dinsmore was as good as Benoit or Malenko, Rob Conway and Doug Basham had the charisma of The Rock, this dude named Ron Waterman was the next Big Papa Pump, Danny Basham had all the tools to be a multi time world champion. The only dudes he was right about were Lesnar and Cena. He hardly ever mentioned Batista or Levithan as he was called at the time.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No but i have no idea how to see OVW , I didn't mind FCW as much because it was blatantly a developmental property nxt is better because it's a Indy with a budget and is getting a good combo of guys and is treated seriously

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel you on the Cornette part. Couldn't sit through a single episode without falling asleep. But every shoot interview is "OV Dubya was the greatest thing in the world" and "Vince wasted all the stars I built"

Hearing him say delusional things like that are what convinced me Cornette is just a bitter, angry old man.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i haven't watched any of OVW, but i watched a couple of great matches that happened in FCW.

unfortunately 2 of the guys i would've thought been exciting to see in NXT was forced into retirement/released because of injuries [Richie Steamboat and Bronson]

But from an overall standpoint i think i tried to watch a whole FCW show and was bored outta my mind.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you on the Cornette part. Couldn't sit through a single episode without falling asleep. But every shoot interview is "OV Dubya was the greatest thing in the world" and "Vince wasted all the stars I built"

Hearing him say delusional things like that are what convinced me Cornette is just a bitter, angry old man.
the thing is cornette is stuck in his ways like most guys from the territory . When you hear them talk about some of the territories and how the rock and roll express could do the same match for 2 years and I'm like it won't work now because we can see everything doing the same same exact match would get corny

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Heyman's OVW class all looked like future stars. Punk, Doane, Jeter, Capotelli (still think he would have made it if not for cancer), and Brent Albright. All got called up to the main roster. Only one that wasn't COMPLETELY changed up was......Punk because Heyman had him.

I agree as well, TNA should have let Heyman take over. It's crazy because the BIGGEST thing he wanted would have SAVED them money, which is throwing all the old dudes in the bushes.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree as well, TNA should have let Heyman take over. It's crazy because the BIGGEST thing he wanted would have SAVED them money, which is throwing all the old dudes in the bushes.
Especially since all the old guys left when times got tough anyway :snoop:
Dixie could have Brock Lesnar right now had she made this call back in 2010 :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Heyman's OVW class all looked like future stars. Punk, Doane, Jeter, Capotelli (still think he would have made it if not for cancer), and Brent Albright.
Brent fukking Albright! Some of you who didn't watch OVW might remember him as Gunnar Scott in the WWE. But you probably won't remember him at all. Why's that you may ask? Possibly because he lasted exactly three months on the main roster in 2006. I always wonder what got him released that quickly? Its like they never bothered to watch the dude's work in OVW, called him up anyway and were :thumbsdown: the moment they saw him.

As an aside Chris Masters said Albright was a major snitch. Any time someone did something even remotely questionable Albright ran and dropped the dime to the higher ups. We don't respect a snitch in my suburban gated community, especially a dry snitch so in the end fukk em.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Brent fukking Albright! Some of you who didn't watch OVW might remember him as Gunnar Scott in the WWE. But you probably won't remember him at all. Why's that you may ask? Possibly because he lasted exactly three months on the main roster in 2006. I always wonder what got him released that quickly? Its like they never bothered to watch the dude's work in OVW, called him up anyway and were :thumbsdown: the moment they saw him.

As an aside Chris Masters said Albright was a major snitch. Any time someone did something even remotely questionable Albright ran and dropped the dime to the higher ups. We don't respect a snitch in my suburban gated community, especially a dry snitch so in the end fukk em.
shyt, that would be it right there. Whole lockerroom probably had that dude in the bushes.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I went to several UPW shows out here in Santa Ana. Met Samoa Joe, Nathan Jones, Tony Jones (dude from BTM Doc), RVD when he made an appearance and others.

I also met and have a pic with the Prototype wrestler who everyone here loves. :youngsabo:

COQWAVE

the real puff daddy
Daps
I've been following developmental and watching their various feds on and off for about ten years. In fact I'd say Heyman's OVW run was the most entertaining shyt I've seen since the Attitude era and I haven't seen anything better since. TNA really fukked up by not giving him anything he wanted to come save them. He got incredible things out of guys like Johnny Jeter (Johnny from the Spirit Squad), Matt Capotelli, The Heartbreakers (Hearthrobs in WWE), The Tolands (dikks in WWE), MNM. With him at the helm Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra) really did look like he could follow in Randy Orton's footsteps..

can you point me in the direction where i can download these ill(matic)legally?

or could u upload some episodes from then... always wanted to see some

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
What years did Heyman run OVW? Are any of these shows on youtube?