Amazon Instant Video hits Xbox 360

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they have HD and SD versions on damn near every flick. I don't use their instant selection I only rent new movies from them from time to time

:what:

So how does the picture quality compare to Netflix?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Just peeped it on the 360.. they don't have the new releases for rent like they do on my media player. they just have their instant selection which I don't have a subscription to. I'll stick to netflix

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

It's about the same really. I did notice that some shows (really just one in particular, Firefly) they have in HD whereas they don't have in HD on Netflix, but the actual quality of their HD content looks more or less the same. I could give a fukk which one has better SD quality though. Can't remember if they had 5.1 sound at all like Netflix has been incorporating over the past 2 years (albiet it's not that solid). All in all, Netflix still has the best interface, movie line up and overall functionality over all these other streaming services. Believe that. Hulu+ got them on current tv show line ups and when it's at it's best and not acting stupid, I believe their HD picture quality is slighter better than Netflix, but their backlog is kinda funky and all over the place with wither or not they have full series and whatnot and the whole interface and functionality is very flaky and constantly goes out. Amazon's looks nice, but it's hardly as intuitive as Netflix either.