Amazon is going in for the Kill on Hollywood. Amazon is in takeover talks for AMC theatres.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope he realizes that if he does this, Amazon will be broken up guaranteed. Why? Because Disney will not stand for this kind of monopoly power and the government will use anti-trust laws.

They been on the verge of a crackdown for years. The second democrats take control, they might get chopped up real quick.

hoping you’re right but as we’ve seen in the past with demonic companies like att these demons will find a way later to not only get back together but get even bigger :francis:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
"In a 7–1 decision, the Court ruled that film studios couldn't legally own their own theaters, disrupting a system by which major distributors had controlled every level of the moviegoing experience".

I wonder if this ruling can be circumvented by Amazon. They operate Amazon Studios but they can make an argument that it's not they're primary business. I also read that Trump's justice dept wants to do away with that ruling.

:jbhmm:

I dont know how I feel about it because right now (before the pandemic) the movies that are doing numbers in theaters are nothing but comic book trash that aren't real movies. Maybe Bezos can bring the art back?

Sidebar: I remember being a teenager getting dragged to the theaters by my friends to watch Fantastic 4 (2007) and remembering how trash those types of movies are. It's weird seeing adults 30-40's dikk riding comic book movies.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Now what exactly does a buyout mean for us who own stock?
What happens next depends on the terms of the buyout. If the buyout is an all-cash deal, shares of your stock will disappear from your portfolio at some point following the deal's official closing date and be replaced by the cash value of the shares specified in the buyout.

If it is an all-stock deal, the shares will be replaced by shares of the company doing the buying. It’s important to note that the ratio of old shares to new shares is rarely one-to-one.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
4d897555c6b76d3e1e2e10567a7617ea.jpg
:russ::dead:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
we can see those shytty amazon prime d-list movies on the big screen now :banderas:

I'm not a fan of Bezos, but I can tell that he likes good shyt. The first few movies that came out on there were decent, but like everyone else, they're focusing on TV. If they purchased AMC then I can see him going after top tier scripts that can win awards.