Amazon to Buy Whole Foods for $13.7 Billion

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Would make so much sense at whole foods :ohhh:

Right.

Even though Amazon has the bread to build new stores, why not buy the name brand organic franchise with the locations and infrastructure already in place. The loyal customers 9 times out of 10 are already amazon customers and would be able to adapt to the new technology of the Amazon store. Genius

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Not a big fan of monopolies or big companies just buying everything up. Stuff like this is the reason our country is in the shytty state it's in. A few big companies control everything.
Why do you care? If they weren't providing you quality goods at a low price I could understand being upset.
But if they are giving you an excellent consumer experience its strange to be made about them being hyper successful because of that.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why do you care? If they weren't providing you quality goods at a low price I could understand being upset.
But if they are giving you an excellent consumer experience its strange to be made about them being hyper successful because of that.
of course, but the issue is what happens once they don't have anymore competition, will they still maintain those same low prices?

we'll see, history has shown that prices typically will go up, however, that doesn't mean they will.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
of course, but the issue is what happens once they don't have anymore competition, will they still maintain those same low prices?

we'll see, history has shown that prices typically will go up, however, that doesn't mean they will.

Not really, history hasn't shown that, specifically in grocery field and etc.
their is market pressure to keep prices low, so another upstart doesn't enter the field.
Look at Wal-Mart, still with the lowest prices and keeping its foot on the neck of producers to make sure the keep prices low as possible. K-Mart is dead, Target tried it couldn't compete on low prices had to try to sell themselves as a higher brand/cost wal-mart for the middle class. Amazon the same, Amazon killed the bookstore, bought borders and now has a physical bookstore, have prices gone up? Nope, still keeping prices down.

In history what causes prices to go up is government protection from competitors, as long as the government is limiting who can compete in the grocery market or retail space, there is nothing to worry about from google, apple, wal-mart, amazon, or any other supplier. enjoy low prices

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
buy some amazon and and google stock and relax

I agree their are great opportunities but I'm still not a fan of a few companies running everything and controlling everything people buy or spend.

Because these big businesses control everything which lessens opportunities for others. They make all this money and still pay people like shyt. I work for a company that just made record profits(over a billion), but they're still going to find a way to nit pick and take a percentage out of my bonus.

A great experience is relative to an individual. Some people don't like dealing with big businesses like that. It's all about having options. Just because you have a good experience with something doesn't mean everyone will. Plus what happens when they're the only game in town. Then you have no choice, but to use them. Good or bad. One of the biggest arguments people have on here is about cities and things to do in those cities. The general consensus for most people on this board is they don't want to live in certain places cause there's nothing to do. People want options.

Also what happens when these companies do bad things to individuals or the environment. They're just going to throw money at the problem and implement a few new policies or procedures to "prevent" it from happening again. I don't know how exactly how much bad shyt PG&E has done, but they are allowed to continue because they pretty much have a monopoly on anything energy in California. They destroy shyt, pay a fine, then charge the consumer more money for their fukk ups.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I agree their are great opportunities but I'm still not a fan of a few companies running everything and controlling everything people buy or spend.

Because these big businesses control everything which lessens opportunities for others. They make all this money and still pay people like shyt. I work for a company that just made record profits(over a billion), but they're still going to find a way to nit pick and take a percentage out of my bonus.

A great experience is relative to an individual. Some people don't like dealing with big businesses like that. It's all about having options. Just because you have a good experience with something doesn't mean everyone will. Plus what happens when they're the only game in town. Then you have no choice, but to use them. Good or bad. One of the biggest arguments people have on here is about cities and things to do in those cities. The general consensus for most people on this board is they don't want to live in certain places cause there's nothing to do. People want options.

Also what happens when these companies do bad things to individuals or the environment. They're just going to throw money at the problem and implement a few new policies or procedures to "prevent" it from happening again. I don't know how exactly how much bad shyt PG&E has done, but they are allowed to continue because they pretty much have a monopoly on anything energy in California. They destroy shyt, pay a fine, then charge the consumer more money for their fukk ups.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Big businesses that rely on catering to consuemrs don't control everything the consumer is the one controlling things, its only by providing for the consumer that the company becomes successful, maintains its success, and can grow in the first place.

As for lessing opportunities, how does it lessen opportunities for others? Nothing is stopping anyone from trying to throw their hat in the ring and compete. If they can't compete on price and service they are driven out the market, nothing wrong with that either.

As for pay, replaceable workers with no marketable skill don't deserve high salaries, thats just reality. Really is that simple, businesses don't exist to create jobs for people, they exist to provide service for customers so the owners/investors can make money from profit. If you have a marketable skill, and you think the company is fukking you over, try to work for a competitor or leave the field.

Yes great experience is relative. If you don't like dealing with big box stores, Amazon and Wal-mart aren't your only options and they never have been, you just have to accept higher prices or more niche retailers. That said, if that is what you prefer why complain about the big guys anyway, you aren't who they are catering to anyway. This notion that you have no choice though is simply false though, and I think deep down you know that too.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I need this.

Amazon is a kind God.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I have a grocery store right around the corner lol. They can't take that direct market away. I order toothpaste deodorant body wash toliet paper etc. Off them now but im not waiting 2 days for tomatoes.
U can't just buy them shyts at the store?

:dahell: