Amazon turns over record amount of customer data to US law enforcement

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Anyone with Alexa or any of this shyt is a fukking moron. If you allow any device in your house that listens for your voice and has WiFi access, you’re an idiot if you think the government isn’t getting this info. I don’t let ANYTHING like this get WiFi privileges.

Even if voice support is an option you can turn off, assume that shift is spying on you. Cover up the camera port on your laptop too.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think that's a little overzealous....I would assume the corporations are collecting data for marketing purposes, but you see how they operate with entirely different goals than then DOJ. They wouldn't turn over anything to them without very good cause. Apple didn't even want to open a phone in a standard federal case.

So, I am still unclear what is happening with the gathering of evidence from Amazon....

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Corporate Cyberpunk Dystopia Weyland-Yutani shyt

SR1.jpg

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
you are such a liberal, you just say no or wrong without any explanation. LOL

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
What is AWS? - Amazon Web Services

That description = private or public cloud
private or public or hybrid cloud = 3 different deployment styles of hosted data center

you have no idea what you are talking about
go back to sleep, I've worked with AWS and my company resells both AWS and Azure

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
you are such a liberal, you just say no or wrong without any explanation. LOL

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
What is AWS? - Amazon Web Services

That description = private or public cloud
private or public or hybrid cloud = 3 different deployment styles of hosted data center

you have no idea what you are talking about
go back to sleep, I've worked with AWS and my company resells both AWS and Azure
Considering I work in this space for one of the big three....

Where you wring is suggesting that consumers don't use these services either directly or indirectly. All of the cloud services also offer SaaS components that are offered directly to the consumer.

For example:

AWS Marketplace: SaaS

While you are right in that AWS is a cloud hosting platform that relieves customers from having to pay for and maintain server hardware and other infrastructure, they do offer services that go directly to consumers such as the marketplace, web hosting, email etc.

As a result LDRs and other legal requests are often sent directly to them because they own the hardware or have the back end access required to pull the required information.

For example, if someone under investigation by the Mueller probe had email that was hosted in o365 and their request would be sent to both the company and Microsoft to pull that data.

This is part of my actual job. I don't work with them through my employer, I actually work for one of them as my employer. Sit down.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Considering I work in this space for one of the big three.... .
IBM, HP, Cisco... I work for one of those three and my company is an AWS & Azure partner.

Where you wring is suggesting that consumers don't use these services either directly or indirectly. All of the cloud services also offer SaaS components that are offered directly to the consumer..
Dude... if you know what AWS is you know that it's target market are businesses as it's business offerings are it's core product.
Plus we are talking about AWS here bud, if an individual will get O365 it will be O365 Home edition and will likely be on Azure not AWS.
You sit down!

I said something correct which you acknowledged, then you replied oh you are right but also they got this lil side thing going on.
Pshhhh.....
If I was correct then why did you quote me with "wrong"? LOL

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
IBM, HP, Cisco... I work for one of those three and my company is an AWS & Azure partner.

Dude... if you know what AWS is you know that it's target market are businesses as it's business offerings are it's core product.
Plus we are talking about AWS here bud, if an individual will get O365 it will be O365 Home edition and will likely be on Azure not AWS.
You sit down!

I said something correct which you acknowledged, then you replied oh you are right but also they got this lil side thing going on.
Pshhhh.....
If I was correct then why did you quote me with "wrong"? LOL
You said they don't cater to consumers and only businesses. That is incorrect.

We can compare creds, but working as a gold partner or a vender for hpe isn't on my level. :mjlol:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
You said they don't cater to consumers and only businesses. That is incorrect.

We can compare creds, but working as a gold partner or a vender for hpe isn't on my level. :mjlol:
a gold partner? I said I work directly for one of the 3! When I said partner I meant AWS partner, and those 3 are Amazon partners because they have data center and security solutions for businesses that use AWS. I am an SE.