Amazon worker knifed in face in brazen NYC attack

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Amazon worker knifed in face in brazen NYC attack​

The 23-year-old father is expected to be OK, but he says he is scarred for life -- physically and emotionally​

By Melissa Colorado • Published February 8, 2024 • Updated on February 8, 2024 at 7:45 am​

NBC Universal, Inc.

An Amazon worker said he’s been left scarred for life after he was stabbed in the face while on the job in a seemingly random attack in the Bronx. Now there’s a big clue that could track the suspect down. NBC New York’s Melissa Colorado reports.

An Amazon worker was attacked on the job -- stabbed in the face by a suspect who walked up to the 23-year-old victim from behind -- didn't say a word -- and sliced him from his lip to his earlobe, according to police reports.

Surveillance video captures the attack that left William Herrera, a young father from Yonkers, scarred for life.

Herrera says he was delivering Amazon packages to an apartment building on Valentine Avenue in the Bedford section of the Bronx when he was attacked two weeks ago.

Grainy footage shows the suspect dressed in black approach Herrera on the sidewalk and jab out with an object in his right hand. The two struggle. Herrera moves to run around the Amazon van and the suspect follows him out of view.

Herrera, who is bleeding profusely from his face, flags down an officer until an ambulance arrives.

Now he's got a six-inch scar.

"I got to look every day in the mirror and see this on my face," Herrera said. "I've never had one stitch in my entire life and the first time I got a stitch, I got 110 stitches?"

Local

NY man who was ticketed for yelling at police to turn on headlights can sue, court rules

The 23-year-old says his attacker seemed bent on wounding him, rather than potentially lifting something from the unlocked Amazon van behind him.

"My van was completely open. He could have took the whole van if he wanted to," Herrera said. "He didn't take nothing. He just wanted to cut me, I guess."

Herrera says he is now worried about his own safety when in the Bronx, and he is fearful that the stabber may come upon another unsuspecting New Yorker.

His wife, Lauren Soriano, who is pregnant with their second child, said, "I just hope that they catch him. So we can get justice."

The couple also has a 2-year-old son.

Anyone with information on the stabbing is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Like what @bnew said. This is either a personal attack or some lunatic running around trying to cut people for the fukk of it.

Or it could be some gang banging dikk head trying to get stripes.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Man that sucks.

I said it recently, working with the general public is dangerous man.

Punk targeted an Amazon worker and not somebody on that type of time. His life gotta end over this.