America is faded glory right now. All it has is military supremacy...thats not a good thing.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm not going to comment on the fascism point because we'd have to go over every element of what makes fascism fascism.
I'm not even 100% sure where I would stand on that topic either because fascism can be a spectrum, there are different degrees of fascism.
You may very well be comparing this to extreme versions of fascism.
Just because it isn't an extreme version of fascism doesn't mean we have to ignore that govt. and corporations control mainstream media, that govt bails out the elite but never the people, that Obama went after whistleblowers and Trump is going after journalists and spying on them.
ther's a whole list of things, so maybe it's not a yes or no answer.

I don't know why you would assume we are the same people, are there only two people on the coli that want the wars to end?
And if a country is responsible for mass bloodshed then who gives AF what they got to show for it?
You might as well praise Genghis Khan for killing so many people which ended up reducing human carbon footprints.

They should mos def be treated as seperate topics.
And secondly why wouldn't a family stuck in a warzone migrate to a fascist country but without tanks on the streets?
Life ain't so black and white bro

Chomsky says US is world's biggest terrorist
Regarding fascism: There may be "spectrums of fascism" but the base definition never changes. More important for you to consider is that fascism doesnt have a monopoly on bad government. There are all sorts of bad governments and I would agree that America has one. Doesnt make it fascist.

As for your "black and white" comment...you're the one assuming you can explain the decision making process of the 40 million people that migrated to America last year, and that all 40 million of those explanations are consistent with your personal world view.

I'm just saying the fact that when deciding what country to move to...the majority of people chose America last year. 40 million of them. Im going to pay them the respect of assuming they made that decision intelligently.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Regarding fascism: There may be "spectrums of fascism" but the base definition never changes. More important for you to consider is that fascism doesnt have a monopoly on bad government. There are all sorts of bad governments and I would agree that America has one. Doesnt make it fascist.

As for your "black and white" comment...you're the one assuming you can explain the decision making process of the 40 million people that migrated to America last year, and that all 40 million of those explanations are consistent with your personal world view.

I'm just saying the fact that when deciding what country to move to...the majority of people chose America last year. 40 million of them. Im going to pay them the respect of assuming they made that decision intelligently.

You keep responding to the broad area of topics I cover but never in detail
do you disagree that us and corps control mainstream media?
do you disagree that obama went after whistleblowers and trump is going after reporters?
do you disagree that there's always money to bailout the elites but never enough money for the people?

You keep bringing it back to migrants, what's that all about?
Also you think all migrants have a deep understanding of america's foreign policy so therefore it must be a great country?
dude none of these things are relevant to one another
There are many white supremacists who hate black people and consider them inferior but many of them moved to africa, many of them right now live in Johanesburg.
There are many arabs who despise america's foreign policy but many of them moved here too
The british controlled india for some time and indians hate the british, but look at the population of indians in london and fukkin birghmingham.
what does that have to do with anything??? you are bringing up irrelevant things

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
You keep responding to the broad area of topics I cover but never in detail
do you disagree that us and corps control mainstream media?
do you disagree that obama went after whistleblowers and trump is going after reporters?
do you disagree that there's always money to bailout the elites but never enough money for the people?

You keep bringing it back to migrants, what's that all about?
Also you think all migrants have a deep understanding of america's foreign policy so therefore it must be a great country?
dude none of these things are relevant to one another
There are many white supremacists who hate black people and consider them inferior but many of them moved to africa, many of them right now live in Johanesburg.
There are many arabs who despise america's foreign policy but many of them moved here too
The british controlled india for some time and indians hate the british, but look at the population of indians in london and fukkin birghmingham.
what does that have to do with anything??? you are bringing up irrelevant things
:wtf:

I responded to the OP with a question about migrants....and YOU responded to ME calling my point ridiculous. That's why we're talking about migrants.
And the OP argues that America has nothing to show for its aggressive foreign policy....the 40 million people who chose to move to America last year suggests otherwise. I bring it up because its a hard number that can't be disputed or misinterpreted (unlike strange analogies regarding horses and helicopters, for example, which, according to you, only served to illustrate your point that people run when scared...like horses...)

I would argue that "the media" and "us and corps" are far to broad of terms, especially for someone pontificating about details. If we're talking corporate media, I would argue that they are in the business of making money, and do so by providing their audience with what their audience wants. It's laughable to think that a fascist dictatorship would allow the nationalized media (according to you) to relentlessly criticize it.
And while I can agree that Obama and Trump "went after" whistleblowers and reporters...the fact that Obama failed (there are still whistleblowers) and Trump is failing (there are still reporters...nearly all of whom criticize him endlessly) makes that point useless.
The bailouts...yes, I agree. The rich benefit most from government decisions...just like basically every other government that has ever existed.

We're done here.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean America has been exposed that military isn’t the way to attack us.

The idea that we would come together to face a threat was what defined our image.

Just introduce a little chaos and paranoia and America will eat itself.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
America has a lot of issues obviously, if it's any consolation most of the world is just as backwards if not flat out worse.

Vegeta

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Military supremacy? America in the 60's/70's couldn't even defeat Vietnam and America was objectively a much more powerful nation back then. Nowadays American soldiers struggle against ragtag Taliban foot soldiers. We would get destroyed by pretty much any nation these days.

:mjlol:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Military supremacy? America in the 60's/70's couldn't even defeat Vietnam and America was objectively a much more powerful nation back then. Nowadays American soldiers struggle against ragtag Taliban foot soldiers. We would get destroyed by pretty much any nation these days.

:mjlol:
The us military ousted the Taliban in a couple weeks with a few special ops teams, and has occupied their country for twenty years.