American Gods: Starz got another one...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
NinkjGk.jpg

:lupe:

Is this something we've seen on the show before, or would you need a a book spoiler to understand it?

I remember recommending this to one of my homies .... gotta warn him:merchant:
That's my biggest problem as well. (I kind of felt the same way about Spartacus).

Edit:
This makes me GLAD that Hannibal was on regular TV. I couldn't handle a "Starz" version of THAT show.

That djinn showing how aids is spread. Left that dude burnin..
:ohhh:Now that you mention it, that's probably the metaphor they were going for. That ties back into my idea that the worship of the "old gods" almost always kills the worshipper.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Soon as he got in the taxi, skipped to 39:20. :manny: Haven't read the book but it seemed like the whole scene of him and then with the Djinn would change nothing if it was cut?

His wife is back. :patrice: Time for GMB Shadow. :hubie:

Oldgawds resorting to simple trickery for cash. :bryan::dead:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Soon as he got in the taxi, skipped to 39:20. :manny: Haven't read the book but it seemed like the whole scene of him and then with the Djinn would change nothing if it was cut?

His wife is back. :patrice: Time for GMB Shadow. :hubie:

Oldgawds resorting to simple trickery for cash. :bryan::dead:
I have the book but haven't gotten to that particular part yet

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Don't know...maybe...

Im just looking forward to who it's alluding to...:blessed:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Is this a spoiler free thread?
It's supposed to be, but this is the coli where nikkas like to remind everyone they read the source material:francis:I just finished reading the novel because I've had it forever, never read it, and didn't want the show to spoil the experience. The funnest part of reading it was figuring out who all the old gods are. Gaiman was really on his shyt as far as history goes and incorporates a ton of different cultures. If the show is as faithful to the book as it seems then there's already a bunch of nikkas in here ruining the fun of finding out people's identities for the non-book readers:beli:Ol' "look at me" nikkas. Same shyt happened in the Game of Thrones and Waking Dead threads