Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I like 2pacalypse now better and 2pac is a better emcee than Ice Cube lyrically even in 1991

but just off the production alone AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted is a better album

1ZvOVy5.png

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I need to make this point because I've continually seen people on this site downplay Cube's lyricism. People need to learn to distinguish between lyricism and rhyme techniques.

From a technical standpoint, Cube is not the best, nor does he intend to be. That's not his style. He's not the guy to give you alliteration, double/triple entendres, an abundance of similes/metaphors and all that other shyt you would have come across in English literature classes. He has done it from time to time e.g. 1st verse on The Bomb or his guest verse on DOC's Grand Finale.

However, he is one of the best LYRICISTS of all-time.

Lyricism is defined as follows: the beautiful expression of personal thoughts and feelings in writing or music [Cambridge English Dictionary].

You cannot tell me that in listening to AmeriKKKa's Most or Death Certificate that Cube doesn't express himself lyrically to the highest degree. He knows how to evoke emotion from his words on paper that translates to evoking a certain emotional reaction from the listener. By contrast, a Jay-Z could wow you with the technical factor but not evoke as much emotion lyrically. This is just an example to show the contrast between the two concepts.

By that same token, I don't take people seriously when they say 2Pac is not a great lyricist. It shows a lack of nuanced understanding in concepts.

Oh and for good measure:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
So how is he a GOAT then if his first 2 albums are below par..

:mjtf:
:mjtf:
It’s like saying Kobe ain’t a GOAT because his first two years in the league were average

kinda trash ass criteria is that :gucci:

As far as this thread; Cube had a better start, even Pac fans know that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2pacalypse Now had some Cube vibes on it, but it also had those trademark Pac songs like Brendas Got A Baby & Part Time Mother.

Pac had a humaneness that Cube was never able to tap into....And honestly, Pac was the manifestation of the nicca Cube dreamed of being

in his raps.Pac was born into that militant shyt.He'd actually walk through fires.It wasn't just a concept for him.I can see why Cube's style at

that time would appeal to Pac, tho.They'd later have a small beef after Pac called him out for being a bandwagon hopper.Cube used to be my

favorite MC, but looking back, breh was one helluva opportunist.Whatever was "in" at the moment, he was hopping on it.When he was on his

militant kick, tried to associate himself with Khalid Muhammad, and got called out for it.

I still respect him as one of the best MC's to ever touch a mic, but he lost a lot of his luster over the years.

That being said, in contemporary culture, AMW>>>2pacalypse.....I think 2pacalypse is underrated, tho.

Half the album could've been singles