Amsterdam’s underwater parking garage fits 7,000 bicycles and zero cars

invalid

Banned
Daps
I told ya'll this is all OP does

Look at the threads on the first page of TLR

This is ALL HE DOES

He is a toadie/shill for gentrifier CACS and colonzers, specifically within urban settings, but he is not limited to that

Every single thread:

- Bikes
- Bike Lanes
- Cars are bad
- Density (Masked as being pro-housing and pro affordable housing when its really for luxury development as seen in NYC)

Making cities more efficient, effective, affordable, and green is shilling for cacs and colonizers?

Horrible post.

And then to sit and try to vilify the OP for his threads about making cities more liveable and earth friendly?

Are you crazy?

Thank you for the threads OP.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This is ALL HE DOES

He is a toadie/shill for gentrifier CACS and colonzers, specifically within urban settings, but he is not limited to that

Every single thread:

- Bikes
- Bike Lanes
- Cars are bad
- Density (Masked as being pro-housing and pro affordable housing when its really for luxury development as seen in NYC)
I prefer this to a dude repeatedly writing think pieces about passportbros or diaspora warring.:manny:

@bnew do your thing. You bring diversity to TLR:salute:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This post is stupid. They have limited space and are under sea level.

That city is really well-engineered. I wish an American city had half the level of urban engineering that Amsterdam does.
Meanwhile, we have bridges and apartment buildings collapsing in the greatest nation on earth. I swear my grandmother is younger than 90% of our infrastructure in America

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This post is stupid. They have limited space and are under sea level.

That city is really well-engineered. I wish an American city had half the level of urban engineering that Amsterdam does.
yeah they're constantly innovating trying to perfect multi-modal transportation.

do we even have one of these types of places here?

Daps
yeah they're constantly innovating trying to perfect multi-modal transportation.

do we even have one of these types of places here?

One of the advantages of having limited space, like in the Netherlands or Japan, is that you're forced toward innovation in getting as many people through public spaces as efficiently as possible. I have been to Amsterdam, and not only is the public transportation excellent, but you can pretty easily get from one city district to the next, or one city to the next, in a multitude of ways:

• bike
  • car
  • tram
  • bus
  • train
  • boat on the canals (though really, that's mostly for tourism, from what I saw)

And it's easy to mix modes of transportation on the same trip - for example, biking to a tram that you can carry your bike on. American cities have some of that - like parking at major bus centers so you can drive in partway from the suburbs and then bus the rest of the way into the city - but not all of it weaved together like that.

I think a big problem with this in the U.S. is that there's so much space, culturally, we just choose to build out instead of building compactly. There's sprawl here because we have the ability to sprawl that smaller countries don't have.

The other problem is car companies killing off extensive public transportation options through lobbying.

Daps

This is ALL HE DOES

Every single thread:

- Bikes
- Bike Lanes
- Cars are bad
I think there's a disconnect that yall could easily talk out here. Theres a legitimate point here. Cars and infrastructure as they exist in America are shyt.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think there's a disconnect that yall could easily talk out here. Theres a legitimate point here. Cars and infrastructure as they exist in America are shyt.
There isn't.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and have my entire life. He claims he does but I doubt it.

I'm Black and many posters can confirm. Him? Ehh...doubt it. Not the way mans goes on about certain topics.

If you check the post history and interactions I've had with dude, I have explained various situations to this cat over the past 3 years and he has ignored my claims OR straight up dismissed them.

And the reason why he does this is because he's part of the "progressive" wing of the left wing of US politics, specifically with regards to NYC.

These people ARE NOT for the betterment of Black lives. They are not for building Black wealth and equity. Hell they don't even like the idea of wealth.

It's why the slip in this crap about density every once and a while because much of this garbage is backed by the real estate industry.

They are for cherry picking statistics, using coded language, and identity politics in order to move towards a world where white people can benefit from the evil of their predecessors, and capitalize on Black people's desire to live in an "equal and fair society, all while our actual power and influence decreases under the guise of "equality" and "fairness".

They are the left's version of nutty GOP right wingers.

It would be much easier if I was some random nikka ranting, but I've been in the meetings, I've attended the hearings, I've done the research.

I know how these people speak, I know the language they use, I know the tactics they employ, I know the political shills that they pump up and the strategies they use to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Ain't no middle ground here...and dude knows it.

His shtick sickens me in a way I can't even fully describe TBH....not without getting banned.

You just happen to be, with all due respect, a poster who has picked up on it, and may not know the whole story.

I of course advise you to use the search function because I don't want to repeat myself, because it's exhausting.

I will however, cut his bullshyt down wherever and whenever I can.

And BTW, the groups dudes supports....be very careful about what these people consider "infrastructure".

You might THINK they're about making sure bridges are maintained and roads and what not, but they're not.

The very fact that dude uses Streetsblog as a source for news, lets me know that much.

Last edited:

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
Amsterdam seems great for bikers. Not having to duck pedestrians and cars making terrible decisions sounds amazing. And places to lock your shyt up that are safe? Heh.

Daps
There isn't.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and have my entire life. He claims he does but I doubt it.

I'm Black and many posters can confirm. Him? Ehh...doubt it. Not the way mans goes on about certain topics.

If you check the post history and interactions I've had with dude, I have explained various situations to this cat over the past 3 years and he has ignored my claims OR straight up dismissed them.

And the reason why he does this is because he's part of the "progressive" wing of the left wing of US politics, specifically with regards to NYC.

These people ARE NOT for the betterment of Black lives. They are not for building Black wealth and equity. Hell they don't even like the idea of wealth.

It's why the slip in this crap about density every once and a while because much of this garbage is backed by the real estate industry.

They are for cherry picking statistics, using coded language, and identity politics in order to move towards a world where white people can benefit from the evil of their predecessors, and capitalize on Black people's desire to live in an "equal and fair society, all while our actual power and influence decreases under the guise of "equality" and "fairness".

They are the left's version of nutty GOP right wingers.

It would be much easier if I was some random nikka ranting, but I've been in the meetings, I've attended the hearings, I've done the research.

I know how these people speak, I know the language they use, I know the tactics they employ, I know the political shills that they pump up and the strategies they use to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Ain't no middle ground here...and dude knows it.

His shtick sickens me in a way I can't even fully describe TBH....not without getting banned.

You just happen to be, with all due respect, a poster who has picked up on it, and may not know the whole story.

I of course advise you to use the search function because I don't want to repeat myself, because it's exhausting.

I will however, cut his bullshyt down wherever and whenever I can.

You can't criticize someone who gets their information from valid places and data driven studies then just say that the other person is crazy when you're just giving your opinion which is no offense worthless as fukk vs data

Also the idea that improving material conditions isn't good for black folks. Reducing the amount of cars on the road alone is a huge boon for the entire population, as it cuts down on tons of pollution and results in a healthier population. The idea that doesn't help black people isn't just a lie, it comes off as someone who's completely uneducated on this subject and trying to speak on it as if they know everything just because they live in the city.

Daps
O, and if you're trying to say leftist attempting to improve the material conditions of the entire population are just as crazy as right wingers who want a white christofacist ethnostate are the exact same, then you're literally retarded and shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place.

@ExodusNirvana