Anderson Silva fought Chris Weidman with injured ribs

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He said its not an excuse
I never said he did but mentioning it automatically implies his performance wasnt at full capacity which at this point is irrelevant. Its becoming routine now, first the sonnen fight, then okami now this. Whether its the true or not its not a good look

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Did he not get taken down by weidman in the 1st? If ribs are injured does that not hamper one come time for TDD? Come on man

Change

All Star
Daps
The fight was almost cancelled because of the injury. It was pretty bad. I like knowing this stuff and don't look at it as excuses at all. It's dumb to think he can just never speak on things. He hurt his ribs twice and it's been documented pre fight both times. That's just life. No big deal.

He's also fought with a bad shoulder at times and won. I like knowing that stuff.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The fight was almost cancelled because of the injury. It was pretty bad. I like knowing this stuff and don't look at it as excuses at all. It's dumb to think he can just never speak on things. He hurt his ribs twice and it's been documented pre fight both times. That's just life. No big deal.

He's also fought with a bad shoulder at times and won. I like knowing that stuff.
but u dont even know if its true or false (due to the fact he never has proof) so its like keep that shyt to yourself breh

Arson Welles

is the lightning
Daps
Reppin
The Gilead Gunslingers

I don't think it's dumb to talk about, but how long has it been? Like, why would he even be commenting on the fight now, and how he was injured, as opposed to talking it about it at the time of the fight? The further from the fight we hear about these things, the more I question them. It seems like revisionist history.

Change

All Star
Daps
but u dont even know if its true or false (due to the fact he never has proof) so its like keep that shyt to yourself breh

Of course there proof. His rib injury prior to Chael was captured on video and I've seen the X-Rays of his ribs. The rib injury for the fight against Weidman is very well known among insiders and was even reported before the fight happened. It was close to being cancelled. All he did was finally confirm it on record.

He had severe shoulder problem in some of his fights before that but he won so nobody cared. In the fights that he won prior to that (Cote, Maia, Leites, Forrest) he was close to having a nervous breakdown due to problems with his marriage and his parents. He was a hair away from quitting the UFC and retiring. He was really fukked up. None of that gets reported.

Machida has had knee problems for a while which have never been reported but it still makes them true. He chose to never speak on them while getting shyt from the public. Shogun had his appendix removed like a week before a fight and had an injured collar bone when he fought Hendo and he should have never fought that fight. These things happen. It's just up to the viewer to be sensible about these things and be level headed about how they affected the outcome. Weidman was coming off an injury as well and was having problems with his house. It's just real shyt that happens.