Angie Martinez resigns from Hot 97. Heads over to Power 105

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
She was the moderator of a historic event to reform our prison system.

That's Cool But You Think Being At Power Did That For Her?

I'm Just Saying, By The Way She Was Talking I Thought We Were Gonna Start Seeing Her Everywhere On Some Ryan Seacrest shyt.

:manny:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

I'm Just Saying, By The Way She Was Talking I Thought We Were Gonna Start Seeing Her Everywhere On Some Ryan Seacrest shyt.

I just believe that she didn't want to say that she was leaving to double her salary.
But she is doing a lot more things like the cook book and accompanied website and being syndicated into other markets.
If she keeps on grinding the markets in which she is now, the syndication will grow.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Annoying guests with her goofy laugh, interruptions and clearly not-for-radio voice.

I almost forgot, bytch blackballed Wu Tang back in the day too. There was an interview Inspectah Deck did talking bout that whole fiasco.

Huh, why?

Unless you talking about Summer Jam 1997 thing when they went on staged and dissed Hot 97? If so, i don't think it was Angie per se. That was the station. She didn't
have any say in that matter at all. That's the higher ups making those calls.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Huh, why?

Unless you talking about Summer Jam 1997 thing when they went on staged and dissed Hot 97? If so, i don't think it was Angie per se. That was the station. She didn't
have any say in that matter at all. That's the higher ups making those calls.

Yeah, that was the spark of it all. She played her part though.

Her interviews are just pathetic to me in general. Even the Khaled interview she did sucked.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Angie actually had a decent voice for rap. I think she fukked up by releasing nothing but try-hard party songs. If she had realer songs it would have helped her credibility. But I guess that was the climate back then. Hip hop started getting super glossy and clubby so she was trying to ride the wave.

TheYoungPolitician

Keepin It 3Hunna, Fam
Daps
Hot97 beat power105?
The ratings in total are not even close, so Power 105 must have a bunch of old listeners? 4.2 for Power vs 3.4.

In Urban Contemporary radio, the key demo is 18-34. Hot beat Power 18-34 this previous month:

There was a changing of the guard 18-34. For the last three surveys, this has been WWPR’s domain and it has been running roughshod over the competition. That changed this time as EMMIS Top 40/R WQHT (HOT) – despite a small decrease – moved into the lead-off position. WWPR dropped back to #2 with its lowest share since MAY. In the last two months the station has lost over two shares worth of listening. - See more at: Research Director, Inc.: Exclusive November PPM Analysis For NY, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas

In radio overall, when it comes to making money, the key demo is 25-54 (aka the "money demo"). Power tends to do very well 25-54, ranking in the top 5 or 10 in the past 6-7 books. That, along with its high 18-34 ratings, puts Power over Hot routinely 6+ overall (which nobody really pays attention to besides the public because radio sells demographics) for the last year since Angie arrived. WBLS is the highest ranking Urban station 25-54, as it is an Urban Adult Contemporary station (the money demo is their key demo).

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
In Urban Contemporary radio, the key demo is 18-34. Hot beat Power 18-34 this previous month:

In radio overall, when it comes to making money, the key demo is 25-54 (aka the "money demo"). Power tends to do very well 25-54, ranking in the top 5 or 10 in the past 6-7 books. That, along with its high 18-34 ratings, puts Power over Hot routinely 6+ overall (which nobody really pays attention to besides the public because radio sells demographics) for the last year since Angie arrived. WBLS is the highest ranking Urban station 25-54, as it is an Urban Adult Contemporary station (the money demo is their key demo).
How are the shows matching up against each other (ie Breakfast Club vs Ebro, Clue vs Flex, etc)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

why you making every first letter of every word uppercase breh? How you got that kind of energy to hold shift that much?

Im not a grammar nazi or nothing, just curious. Whats the end goal