Annual Kwanzaa crawl brings $250,000 to black businesses in NYC

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
As listed on the Kwanzaa Crawl website, The crawl is “a one-day event that brings people of the African diaspora together to support Black-owned businesses in their communities. Heading into our 4th annual year, we have hosted over 8,000 crawlers. We’ve expanded from 17 Black-owned businesses in Brooklyn in our inaugural year to over 30 businesses in Brooklyn and Harlem, last year, cumulatively raising over $250,000 for these businesses.”

The Kwanzaa Crawl was conceived by sisters Kerry Coddett and Krystal Stark who aim to demonstrate the black buying power while operating under the seven principles of Kwanzaa. It also brings awareness to black-owned businesses while supporting the local black economy in the process.

The Kwanzaa Crawl takes place on the first day of the holiday based on the principle of Umoja: Unity: To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race. This year’s theme was “Black to the Future.”
Annual Kwanzaa Crawl Brings $250,000 to Black Businesses in New York City - Black Enterprise

250k in a single day :ehh:
That's $1.75M in a week :ohh:
$600M :lawd:

Somebody Please PLEEEEEEEAAASE
full

Let the dollar circulate :ohlawd:

Tim2520

Staying Alive
Daps
Reppin
Nyc
:ohhh:I’m from nyc and never heard of this, definitely would’ve participated. I always try to buy Black when I can

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
One of the bars around my way participated in this and yes, it is Black owned. Failed as a fish spot the first time, but the bar gets traffic from the gentrifiers and other residents alike.