Anthony Edwards: "I'ma eat the fine, FUKK them refs"

Daps
Reppin
California
:pachaha: :russ:

This dude is easily my favorite player in the league.

"The refs was bad tonight. Yeah, they was terrible," Edwards told ESPN after the game. "We was playing 8-on-5.

"The cat got their tongue tonight, so it's all good. It's not fair, but it's all good."

When the Timberwolves' in-house broadcast team pulled Edwards aside for its postgame interview, he continued with the same messaging and accepted the inevitable consequence of calling out the referees.

"I'm going to take the fine, because the refs did not give us no calls tonight," he said.

In another video after the victory, Edwards was heard saying the referees were cheating.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Yeah refs don't really like to be shown up and it's a fraternity. Good luck getting any 50/50 calls on the Wolves
Exactly. I’m not advocating kissing their asses or anything but just understand these are human beings and accusing them of cheating and saying they’re bad at their jobs may not have the desired outcome you’re seeking. Or keep that shyt up because you’re a division rival. :mjgrin:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Betting conspiracies aside, the NBA does seem to coddle the refs and all these players/coaches routinely getting fined for calling them out only emphasizes how the refs seemingly don’t have any consequences for making bad calls.

At the absolute very most if a ref makes a bad call that decides the outcome of a game, the refs will put out a press release that just says “our bad y’all, we called a block when it should’ve been a charge. Oh well:yeshrug:

And obviously fans and athletes have had issues with refs since the dawn of sports, but these past few years we’ve seen some real egregious referee activity and a lot more public meltdowns by players and coaches after NBA games