Anthony Mackie: MCU TV and Movie crossover won't work

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Obviously when the MetLife building is in the Netflix shows but in the movies it's The Avengers Tower

And they call the heroes "The Big Green Guy" and "Flag Waver"

:heh:

Breh who plays Kingpin said that he'll never play Kingpin in the movies too :manny:

Cottonmouth referred to Captain America by name on "Luke Cage".

I don't get most of this thread. They clearly take place in the same universe, even if The Defenders don't appear in the MCU. I don't even get this outcry for it in the first place. Black Widow and Hawkeye are the most useless Avengers, so why do people want more useless heroes like Punisher and Daredevil fighting Thanos? Even Jessica Jones and Luke Cage wouldn't be able to do shyt against him.

If they appear and it's just a quick shot as fan service, cool. If they don't :yeshrug:

And as far as Marvel's internal problems keeping the TV/MCU separate, if Marvel and Fox can work together for "Legion", then anything is possible.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Cottonmouth referred to Captain America by name on "Luke Cage".

I don't get most of this thread. They clearly take place in the same universe, even if The Defenders don't appear in the MCU. I don't even get this outcry for it in the first place. Black Widow and Hawkeye are the most useless Avengers, so why do people want more useless heroes like Punisher and Daredevil fighting Thanos? Even Jessica Jones and Luke Cage wouldn't be able to do shyt against him.

If they appear and it's just a quick shot as fan service, cool. If they don't :yeshrug:

And as far as Marvel's internal problems keeping the TV/MCU separate, if Marvel and Fox can work together for "Legion", then anything is possible.

Fred.
If the movies never ever reference the TV shows then they don't really take place in the Same universe.

It's pretty simple. Fans want them to be interconnected.

We've yet to see coulson even appear in another film since Avengers. He was anintegral part of the films and forming the Avengers and he hasn't been seen in the films since because he's on the TV show. You'd think the hero's that bonded over his death would like to know he's you know,alive :skip:

The TV show paying lip service is fine,but when it's one sided and the movies never ever reference events or characters from the shows then it looks silly.

At best it's easter eggs for fans right now. Because right now it's like saying I'm best friends with Brad Pitt because I talk about him once in a while while Brad Pitt acts like I don't even exist.

A film company that goes out of its way to make sure people know everything is connected doesn't reference the show. That speaks volumes.

The minute the films intermix then the TV shyt becomes canon and feige had no control over any of that. The likely hood of that happening is almost 0.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Its obvious Feige wants nothing to do with TV but all it would take is for the Disney CEO to get him in line. ABC is about to spend a boatload to launch The Inhumans thru theaters then on TV and if they deemed that they needed a direct tie to the movies I'm sure Disney would get it done. It's not like some of the actors wouldn't want to do it. Sam Jackson actually bullied his way onto AoS and Feige couldn't stop him. AoS also had Maria Hill and Lady Sif along with many other supporting characters show up multiple times...
Inhumans is from the guy who brought us dexter season 8 and iron fist.

If it's anything but terrible I'll be shocked.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Not having the movie and TV worlds connected is about the only good thing DC has done so far.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the movies never ever reference the TV shows then they don't really take place in the Same universe.

It's pretty simple. Fans want them to be interconnected.

We've yet to see coulson even appear in another film since Avengers. He was anintegral part of the films and forming the Avengers and he hasn't been seen in the films since because he's on the TV show. You'd think the hero's that bonded over his death would like to know he's you know,alive :skip:

The TV show paying lip service is fine,but when it's one sided and the movies never ever reference events or characters from the shows then it looks silly.

At best it's easter eggs for fans right now. Because right now it's like saying I'm best friends with Brad Pitt because I talk about him once in a while while Brad Pitt acts like I don't even exist.

I don't follow your logic here. If the movies never reference the TV shows they don't take place in the same universe....but the TV shows do reference the movies and it doesn't matter? :gucci:

Why does it have to be a two way street? Realistically why would Thor or Peter Quill be talking about Daredevil or Jessica Jones? It's kinda like college basketball knowing who plays in the NBA....but the reverse isn't necessarily true.

Regardless, do you really want to see these characters in the MCU? I get that other people want it but you personally, as you're watching "Infinity War", are you going to say to yourself :jbhmm: "you know, this movie could really use Iron Fist"?

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't follow your logic here. If the movies never reference the TV shows they don't take place in the same universe....but the TV shows do reference the movies and it doesn't matter? :gucci:

Why does it have to be a two way street? Realistically why would Thor or Peter Quill be talking about Daredevil or Jessica Jones? It's kinda like college basketball knowing who plays in the NBA....but the reverse isn't necessarily true.

Regardless, do you really want to see these characters in the MCU? I get that other people want it but you personally, as you're watching "Infinity War", are you going to say to yourself :jbhmm: "you know, this movie could really use Iron Fist"?

Fred.
Because it comes off like a company trying to pull one over. Trying to have its cake and eat it too.

Telling you its all connected but it's not. Trying to get the rub from the movies popularity.

I'm not sure what's hard to follow about the logic. The movies make sure you know everything is connected and never ever reference the shows. It's about as blatant as it gets.

Until the movies actually inter mix they aren't connected.

A couple of throwaway lines doesn't change that.

And considering kingpin is better than all the MCU villains yes I would like them to connect. Because I want to see him in spider man's world. I'd love to see daredevil as well.

The entire point of having them connected is seeing characters mingle.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because it comes off like a company trying to pull one over. Trying to have its cake and eat it too.

Telling you its all connected but it's not. Trying to get the rub from the movies popularity.

I'm not sure what's hard to follow about the logic. The movies make sure you know everything is connected and never ever reference the shows. It's about as blatant as it gets.

Until the movies actually inter mix they aren't connected.

A couple of throwaway lines doesn't change that.

And considering kingpin is better than all the MCU villains yes I would like them to connect. Because I want to see him.in spider man's world.

The actor said he has no interest in playing him in the movies, so that's a moot point.

The Netflix series are popular with or without the movies, "Iron Fist" aside. They are routinely top 5 on Netflix. They're partially popular because they're so different from the MCU.

You keep saying "the movies never reference the shows"....ok. I know that. I'm asking you why do they have to? So it can all be connected? Ok cool....for what though? How is that gonna make the movies better? Even if they appear in the MCU it would be a throwaway scene because realistically none of the Defenders could do anything against MCU villains.

I get that some fans want this, I'm asking you personally why do you care about this? On average I like the MCU movies more than you....and even then I'm ambivalent towards this happening. So why is this a sticking point for you?

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The actor said he has no interest in playing him in the movies, so that's a moot point.

The Netflix series are popular with or without the movies, "Iron Fist" aside. They are routinely top 5 on Netflix. They're partially popular because they're so different from the MCU.

You keep saying "the movies never reference the shows"....ok. I know that. I'm asking you why do they have to? So it can all be connected? Ok cool....for what though? How is that gonna make the movies better? Even if they appear in the MCU it would be a throwaway scene because realistically none of the Defenders could do anything against MCU villains.

I get that some fans want this, I'm asking you personally why do you care about this? On average I like the MCU movies more than you....and even then I'm ambivalent towards this happening. So why is this a sticking point for you?

Fred.
The shows are being sold as being connected to the universe. So referencing their popularity is just bizzare because you're just making my point for me. You can't act as if they aren't popular because of that fact.

We're being sold something under false pretences

If they aren't connected then so be it then say it. But stop selling us a dream.

You have fans in this very thread still clinging to hope that they're connected and will eventually cross. People watch these things because they want to be part of the continuity and be completely caught up.

The major selling point of the universe is in seeing characters team up. Again,I'm not sure why youre being so obtuse about this.

If I sell you on something and then never deliver that's false advertising and basically lying. Why as a customer wouldn't I have a problem with that?

I've already stated I want to see characters interact so I'm not sure why you keep harping on that.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Fred.
they arent all going to be facing thanos for 2 and 1/2 hours. There will be times they will contend with his foot soldiers, you telling me having ppl with abilities kicking butt isn't better than seeing Hawkeye and black widow do it?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they arent all going to be facing thanos for 2 and 1/2 hours. There will be times they will contend with his foot soldiers, you telling me having ppl with abilities kicking butt isn't better than seeing Hawkeye and black widow do it?

You have no way of knowing that. It's the Russos, none of their MCU movies went the foot soldier route.

Even assuming there will be a bunch of faceless goons....not really, no. Especially when 1/4 of The Defenders has no powers. At the end of the day people would rather see Thor or Ironman than Black Widow or Hawkeye and the TV characters are closer to the latter than the former.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
at this point, i'm not sure i care anymore. these netflix dudes can't stack up. what's the word comicheads use... nerf? their powers seem "nerfed."

Netflix needs to wise the fukk up and make these things 10 eps of less. that's the biggest concern.