Anthony Pettis: 'I'm coming for that 145 and 155-pound strap'

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

UFC 205 is now over and done with, and Conor McGregor successfully completed his historic goal of becoming a simultaneous two-division world champion. Naturally, he has now become walking target of both featherweight and lightweight contenders.

Former 155-pound champion Anthony Pettis is apparently one of them, who actually shares the same aspirations as "The Notorious". Speaking to the TMZ cameras who caught up with him in the streets of New York City after the fight, "Showtime" bared his intentions to take both world titles from McGregor.

"He whooped Eddie’s ass," Pettis said. "I fought Eddie, Eddie is good, but Conor put it on him. I’m excited to see what happens now. If he stays fighting, I’m coming for that 145-pound strap, and 155-pound strap."

Pettis fought Alvarez in January, and lost via split decision, marking his second of three consecutive losses. He went on to drop down to featherweight and made his debut last August against Charles Oliveira. Pettis won the fight via third round submission. He is scheduled to fight Max Holloway in the co-main event of UFC 206: Cormier vs. Johnson 2 on Saturday, December 10th in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Milwaukee representin

His barbershop in milwaukee is cold too, them puerto ricans is :wow: with them blades

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Pettis would wash Conor. He better than him at every facet of mma except the hands. Overall he's a much better striker

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we look at Anthony's recent losses...he lost to a grappler with pressure(RDA)...a striker with better hands(Edson Barboza)...and a chinny wrestler with pressure who had no fear of his hands(Alvarez).

the closest comparison to Conor is Barboza...and as much of a Conor stan as I'm becoming...Barboza is faster, has better kicks(especially to the legs i.e. the Pettis fight)and MIGHT have as much power as Conor overall.

Like DougFunny said...skill-wise, Conor only has better hands. But intangibles? Conor's bigger, more powerful, a fresher body, will stay on Pettis and will be playing the mindgames.

They both fight southpaw...so that'll take away Pettis' kick to the body...and RDA, whose hands aren't on Conor's level, broke Pettis face with that overhand left.

I think it's 60/40 Conor...regardless of which weightclass it is. Pettis is that good...but McGregor is that great :wow: .

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we look at Anthony's recent losses...he lost to a grappler with pressure(RDA)...a striker with better hands(Edson Barboza)...and a chinny wrestler with pressure who had no fear of his hands(Alvarez).

the closest comparison to Conor is Barboza...and as much of a Conor stan as I'm becoming...Barboza is faster, has better kicks(especially to the legs i.e. the Pettis fight)and MIGHT have as much power as Conor overall.

Like DougFunny said...skill-wise, Conor only has better hands. But intangibles? Conor's bigger, more powerful, a fresher body, will stay on Pettis and will be playing the mindgames.

They both fight southpaw...so that'll take away Pettis' kick to the body...and RDA, whose hands aren't on Conor's level, broke Pettis face with that overhand left.

I think it's 60/40 Conor...regardless of which weightclass it is. Pettis is that good...but McGregor is that great :wow: .
Barboza's power is in his legs, striking with the hands he's nowhere near McGregor

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His boxing defense is bad, too. And Mark Henry is his striking coach...we all saw how that worked out with Eddie. Conor's TDD might even be better than Pettis'...in fact it is.

Better hands...better TDD...and virtually all the intangibles...... :wow:

Pettis' only hope is to last into the title rounds...exhaust Conor with movement/missed strikes...then somehow get a TD and finish him there.

That's asking a lot of "Showtime"....but I don't think Pettis has ever been stopped so...he should be able to hang around for 25 or Duke just throws in the towel. :francis: