ANY BREHS ever BBQ a Brisket?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Smoking my first brisket now :lupe:

I started with just a 2pound jawn looks like this....got is for $9 at shoprite
ProductLabelDetail_10093.jpg

Brisket is a tough cut of meat and you have to cook it low and slow...kinda like a pork shoulder to where the collagens and muscles breakdown around 195-200F.

I have a weber grill and it is a science maintaining temperature...:mjgrin:

I cooked it on there for about 2.5 hours then wrapped in foil when the temp read 165..cooked for another 1.5hour and me grill temperature started going down to like 200f...

I said fukk it and figured I got the grill flavor from the smoke/hickory/pecan smoke so I put the oven on 275 ..before I put it in the temp in the thickest part read 175..this is the stall and I need to be careful around this point

Any yall brehs throwdown on the grill? :patrice:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Crock pot that joint...

throw some ribs and BBQ sauce... hit the 8 hour slow cook and leave for work

come home on some

rWCCWAT.gif
Yea I got a smaller one that's 1pound I'll crockpot that one...I'm done with the grill for awhile...charcoal grilling gets annoying..especially up here in NJ...

Mosquitoes be chilling around the grill like ":mjlit:
:mjaggy:

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I've conquered every cut of meat on the grill. From alligator to got damn zebra's you give it to me I'll smoke it on the pit.

:mjcry: but I still can't cook no damn brisket. My pops got it down to second nature. I don't know how he does it but that damn brisket just melts in your mouth and falls apart. So damn tinder and juicy:wow:

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Buy a fatty brisket.
Use a good grill with a seal.
Use wood/lump coal
Prep meat/dry rub
Slow and low.

Instant applause.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
You gotta have a feel for brisket. It goes against regular conventions for grilling. I’ve seen brisket take some of the most seasoned pitmasters and shame them deep beyond the fires of hell
I’ve been humbled with brisket. I haven’t tried again since my failure.

I had to get back on the pit immediately after that.

It’s humbling

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Buy a fatty brisket.
Use a good grill with a seal.
Use wood/lump coal
Prep meat/dry rub
Slow and low.

Instant applause.
Yea I should've used lump or some wood..

You gotta have a feel for brisket. It goes against regular conventions for grilling. I’ve seen brisket take some of the most seasoned pitmasters and shame them deep beyond the fires of hell
Yea maintaining that right temperature is key..also knowing your grill, and working them vents..

These guys on youtube be making shyt seem so easy like they grill just magically stays between 250-300 without doing much to it.

I'm never using briquettes again though..too unreliable and they don't hold temperature for long....I stayed in that 250-300 range for me for about half hour at a time before it started dropping...