Any chance at a Game of Thrones subforum?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
The S7 thread is over 100 pages long and there are only two episodes. Also, a lot of the talk in the thread is about general GOT stuff, so it all gets kind of lost in the shuffle. I was hoping maybe we could get a subforum just for GOT in the Film Room, and maybe one thread per episode. And maybe I can be a mod for that forum only...

Cordially,
Lady Daisy Fitzroy of #StarkSet

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This isn't a bad idea. I haven't bothered with the season 7 thread because of how big last season's (& even season 5) thread was.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Maybe there should just be a weekly thread for each episode kind of like sport game threads or wrestling threads? And then leave the main thread for rumors, news, spoilers (in spoiler form), interviews, and whatnot. I'm sure the episode threads will be long but maybe it will lighten the load a bit. If it's ok with @hex and we can have the movement led by the #starkset Lord commander @Freddie.Cane .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A sub-forum for one show isn't going to happen. I can already tell you the Admins would never go for that. It was hard enough separating The Arcadium and The Film Room.

If there's enough support we can maybe do a thread for each episode but there would have to be overwhelming support for it. Otherwise you're gonna have half the board posting in the new thread, and the other half posting in the thread that already exists. The number of responses (and obviously the type of responses) this thread gets will determine if a thread per episode is feasible or not.

Lastly, and I pointed this out years ago, the "GOT" threads are so large and unwieldy because people start them early (the season 7 one was started a year before season 7) and talk about the show, casting, rumors, etc. in that one thread instead of several small threads through out the year like every other show. Which is :manny: to me personally but it makes the thread about 10x larger than it normally would be.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
nah, i like the big thread. i'd be down for threads for each episode for anything but GOT. the set wars are unique and the shyt talking, reactions during the show (nothing like watching #tardset go from thinking they got a W to seeing :( 2 minutes later :mjlol:), and general fukkery is easier to follow. it also makes it easy for people who jump on the GOT wagon late to have a central place to comment or read discussion, i see people every year upping old season threads cuz they just started watching.

it's a beast of a thread, but i mean either skim it, or pick what facets of the thread you care about, it's easy to skip live watch reactions and find where real discussion picks up. there's no rule saying you gotta read every post in a thread :ld:

edit: in general the film room needs to adopt a "offseason/anticipation/casting/rumors" thread, then "movie/season/episode" thread format, these two should be split. people so thirsty for a super plat thread, they get made 1-3 years in advance, get full of bullshyt not related to the actual release. big budget film threads are the biggest offenders, you got them comic movie discussion threads happening for 2 years and then people make it the "official another marvel movie discussion thread"

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
A sub-forum for one show isn't going to happen. I can already tell you the Admins would never go for that. It was hard enough separating The Arcadium and The Film Room.

If there's enough support we can maybe do a thread for each episode but there would have to be overwhelming support for it. Otherwise you're gonna have half the board posting in the new thread, and the other half posting in the thread that already exists. The number of responses (and obviously the type of responses) this thread gets will determine if a thread per episode is feasible or not.

Lastly, and I pointed this out years ago, the "GOT" threads are so large and unwieldy because people start them early (the season 7 one was started a year before season 7) and talk about the show, casting, rumors, etc. in that one thread instead of several small threads through out the year like every other show. Which is :manny: to me personally but it makes the thread about 10x larger than it normally would be.

Fred.

Be on the lookout for this thread soon,

Game of Thrones Season 9: Summer Has Arrived And It's A Hot One :troll:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
nah, i like the big thread. i'd be down for threads for each episode for anything but GOT. the set wars are unique and the shyt talking, reactions during the show (nothing like watching #tardset go from thinking they got a W to seeing :( 2 minutes later :mjlol:), and general fukkery is easier to follow. it also makes it easy for people who jump on the GOT wagon late to have a central place to comment or read discussion, i see people every year upping old season threads cuz they just started watching.

We could easily have a thread just for nothing but set wars. A watch/rewatch thread. A general season talk thread. A thread for memes and jokes. A thread for spoilers and specs. All of those under one subforum. Right now, it's all in one big-ass, headache-inducing thread. I know it won't happen, but it would be nice just b/c I don't want to be on those ridiculous GOT/ASOIAF sites. Hell, your arch-nemesis LSA has a GOT forum. It just makes sense.

Retarded idea

Right, like your mother deciding not to swallow.

If there's enough support we can maybe do a thread for each episode but there would have to be overwhelming support for it. Otherwise you're gonna have half the board posting in the new thread, and the other half posting in the thread that already exists.

Is it possible to lock a thread until the day the show starts? Like we have a thread for 704, but nobody can post in it until the show starts. And on that note, why have threads for every show if they're all going to be in the Film Room, rather than a GOT subforum? We're having so many discussions all in different places, especially when somebody new starts GOT. ("Just started watching and...")

Last edited:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Bad idea. Almost every show thread has random talk until an episode shows. Just don't check the thread until the show starts if you only want to see discussion about an episode.