any coli brehs/brehettes teaching english overseas (china, thailand, japan, etc)?

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
thinking about going away just to relax a lil from america for a bit

found some programs that pay around 4k - 6k per month and figured :yeshrug: why not, for about a year or so

anybody here familiar with any programs or doing it themselves?

im in the application process now. afraid to tell my black ass parents cause i know they'll be scared af :mjlol:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I didn't teach but I lived in okinawa Japan for 6 years and never had any confrontation with Japanese people. Don't worry about racism. Yes it exists but it's nothing to be concerned with. They're more elitist than anything else. They mostly dislike military, and even then a small minority are outspoken about it.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
I've taught before. That's not a normal amount for them to be paying you per month (outside of maybe the middle east) so that sounds fishy right off the rip. You can make that much in under 40hours a week though, if you have the right schedule and pay package. gotta give a little more information about what you trying to do. I was recruiting for a vietnamese school in the past, and want to open 1 in the near future for ESL

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
When I was in Korea, I knew a lot of chicks that were teachers. They said it's cake as fukk :yeshrug:

East asians are racist asf, be careful

This is ignorant dude, I lived there for 5+ yrs and outside of taxis and mafia owned spots I rarely got hit with the :mjpls:

If anything it's the exact opposite, they love us and wanna be us. Some get too comfortable saying the N-Word though :patrice:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
thinking about going away just to relax a lil from america for a bit

found some programs that pay around 4k - 6k per month and figured :yeshrug: why not, for about a year or so

anybody here familiar with any programs or doing it themselves?

im in the application process now. afraid to tell my black ass parents cause i know they'll be scared af :mjlol:
I got a homie that does it. He can't find anything permanent always 1 year contracts.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
When I was in Korea, I knew a lot of chicks that were teachers. They said it's cake as fukk :yeshrug:

This is ignorant dude, I lived there for 5+ yrs and outside of taxis and mafia owned spots I rarely got hit with the :mjpls:

If anything it's the exact opposite, they love us and wanna be us. Some get too comfortable saying the N-Word though :patrice:
I was trolling everyone is racist. Only a fool treats everyone equally

WheatThins

All Star
Daps

yeah, i spent some time in asia and they seemed kinda infatuated :mjlol:

I've taught before. That's not a normal amount for them to be paying you per month (outside of maybe the middle east) so that sounds fishy right off the rip. You can make that much in under 40hours a week though, if you have the right schedule and pay package. gotta give a little more information about what you trying to do. I was recruiting for a vietnamese school in the past, and want to open 1 in the near future for ESL
i was looking at the interac program. says they pay anywhere from 200000 to 600000 yen. i have teaching experience + multiple degrees so i figured i might be able to get on the higher end of that spectrum
I got a homie that does it. He can't find anything permanent always 1 year contracts.
thats cool. i dont think i wanna stay more than a year, just wanna get away to focus for a little and perhaps save some cash

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
yeah, i spent some time in asia and they seemed kinda infatuated :mjlol:

i was looking at the interac program. says they pay anywhere from 200000 to 600000 yen. i have teaching experience + multiple degrees so i figured i might be able to get on the higher end of that spectrum

thats cool. i dont think i wanna stay more than a year, just wanna get away to focus for a little and perhaps save some cash
you gettin 250000 max as a teacher. That's like 2,250 a month. If you did private work you could make more. It all depends on your schedule hours. If you find a private international school, and they hire you directly, then you could make much higher than 2,250 a month on salary with no part-time private work.

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
you gettin 250000 max as a teacher. That's like 2,250 a month. If you did private work you could make more. It all depends on your schedule hours. If you find a private international school, and they hire you directly, then you could make much higher than 2,250 a month on salary with no part-time private work.
saw a couple of posts here, ranging from +200000 yen to +500000 :manny:

']www.reddit.com/r/teachinginjapan/comments/5et7c1/what_is_your_monthly_salary_through_your_years_of/

ill keep looking around