Any data analyst/analytics folks in here? (Interview question)

OSUBaneBrowns

Cleveland raised, Columbus made
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange County, California
Hello,

I have a 2nd interview with a car company this week and they want me to do a presentation on the below case study (edited for obviously reasons). This would be my first role in the data analysis world and I would like to know how would I answer this question. This team use SQL so I figure that I would have to make some queries to answer the data points that they are referring to. Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

The new 2022 redesigned Model Y will be launching in a few months. This is the biggest launch in the last few years and the year’s success is hanging on this model. All hands are on deck and the Company A Incentives team is working hard on their proposal for financing programs (lease/retail). They have invited you to a 9:00am meeting to brainstorm on what financing programs to offer on launch day. How would you frame your analysis to support your recommendation? What additional data points will you be looking for?

Key Data Points:

• Retail sales is projected to be 8,500 for Q2

• Company A Q2 Incentive budget for 21MY Model Y is $17M

• Lease cost for the 20MY was around $3,500 a vehicle (21MY cost could be higher, lower, or

same)

• Retail cost for the 20MY was around $2,750 a vehicle (21MY cost could be higher, lower, or

same)

• Lease penetration (Company A Lease bookings / Model Y Retail Sales) was

around 26% historically

• Retail penetration (Company A Model Y Retail bookings/ Model Y Retail Sales was

around 50% historically

• Sub-Compact SUV segment summarized in table below:

Model Make Share

Model1 Company B 19%

Model 2 Company C 15%

Model 3 Company D 9%

Model 4 Company E 9%

Model 5 Company F 8%

Model 6 Company G 6%

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Hope u landed wherever you were meant to be my nicca @OSUBaneBrowns

I been in Data Analytics for the past 3 years but on the generic tip. Just enrolled in one of dem Udacity Nanodegree joints to step my game up a lil bit after getting my Masters in Analytics a year ago

OSUBaneBrowns

Cleveland raised, Columbus made
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange County, California
Hope u landed wherever you were meant to be my nicca @OSUBaneBrowns

I been in Data Analytics for the past 3 years but on the generic tip. Just enrolled in one of dem Udacity Nanodegree joints to step my game up a lil bit after getting my Masters in Analytics a year ago
I landed a business analyst job with a mortgage company back in September 2021. Work with SQL for the most part. I just started going over Python again and probably going to look for something else around the end of this year/ early 2024.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I landed a business analyst job with a mortgage company back in September 2021. Work with SQL for the most part. I just started going over Python again and probably going to look for something else around the end of this year/ early 2024.
Was the SQL/Python ish easy for you to learn?