Any got a HID kit on there car?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:lupe:

trying to hook up the Altima a bit brehs, look for the white/light blue look but i dont want to be that a$$hole that is blinding people on the road

what should i be getting?

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
If you're going to do it please do it right, retro-fit projector lenses into the housing.

I hate people that install HID kits on halogen reflector housings :smh: the light leaks everywhere, there's no beam cut-off, and it blinds other divers. It also ends up looking like :trash:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you're going to do it please do it right, retro-fit projector lenses into the housing.

I hate people that install HID kits on halogen reflector housings :smh: the light leaks everywhere, there's no beam cut-off, and it blinds other divers. It also ends up looking like :trash:

see thats what am confused about

can that been done with a kit? or do i know totally new headlights?

basically would something like this work and be blinding

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h7.html#.VG6jXfnF_hB

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
see thats what am confused about

can that been done with a kit? or do i know totally new headlights?

basically would something like this work and be blinding

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h7.html#.VG6jXfnF_hB

HID lights are ideal coupled with a projector lens, however you still can install them on a car that has a regular halogen reflector housing(bulb faces backwards towards a reflective surface). If you go with the latter it is best to have them professionally aimed & balanced so the high intensity light doesn't go all over the place & blind oncoming drivers.

For example this is the standard 97-01 Honda prelude reflective halogen housing

turbometal-97-98-99-00-01-honda-prelude-depo-headlights-4.jpg

And this one is retro-fitted with a projector lens

6small.jpg

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
What year altima do you have

If its a 2012 or older dont bother... u will be blinding people... professional install or not

If its a 2013 it will have projector headlights standard... which controls the beam pattern better and won't blind people.

If you have the 2013+ get 4300K and no higher... the blue look is from color banding at the cutoff, NOT the color of the light.

onex-hid-cutoff-line-step-1.jpg

See how the line at the top is blue, the light is white, and there is no light above the cutoff? This is the output from a projector.

Heres a comparo between HIDs in reflectors (pre 2012) and projectors

ObP2Q.jpg

All that fuzz up top on the reflector side is what blinds people. No HID kit can fix that.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What year altima do you have

If its a 2012 or older dont bother... u will be blinding people... professional install or not

If its a 2013 it will have projector headlights standard... which controls the beam pattern better and won't blind people.

If you have the 2013+ get 4300K and no higher... the blue look is from color banding at the cutoff, NOT the color of the light.

onex-hid-cutoff-line-step-1.jpg

See how the line at the top is blue, the light is white, and there is no light above the cutoff? This is the output from a projector.

Heres a comparo between HIDs in reflectors (pre 2012) and projectors

ObP2Q.jpg

All that fuzz up top on the reflector side is what blinds people. No HID kit can fix that.

I have a 03 altima, I'm gonna hit up a body shop that does that type of after market work this weekend see what they wanna charge

2pyyxyd.jpg

GotEmShook

#ChiefsNation #BeRoyal
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO
DDM Tuning is the truth. Make sure you get a 35w kit too. I fukked around and got a 55w kit man my shyt be blinding the fukk outta people.