Any Hybrid Drivers?

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I'm looking to upgrade my car this next year been driving the same car since 2009. Just wondering y'all experience with hybrid cars vs pure gas cars. I'm looking at the 2022 Accord Hybrid (Sports trim). Is having a hybrid car worth it or should i just stick to the gas version?

• Dap
Reactions: L68

The Minister

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I do. I live in the city so I get better MPG than I did my full gas due to all the stop and go. If you mainly drive on highways and aren't in traffic all the time I say do Gas or Full Electric (assuming you care about the environment). Hybrids shine imo when you are in traffic a ton.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I do. I live in the city so I get better MPG than I did my full gas due to all the stop and go. If you mainly drive on highways and aren't in traffic all the time I say do Gas or Full Electric (assuming you care about the environment). Hybrids shine imo when you are in traffic a ton.
Most of my driving is in the city so on that point it would make sense to get a hybrid. I wish I could of afforded an all-electric vehicle cause I would of went there but maybe my next car will be an electric.

The Minister

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Most of my driving is in the city so on that point it would make sense to get a hybrid. I wish I could of afforded an all-electric vehicle cause I would of went there but maybe my next car will be an electric.
only reason I didnt get a Tesla is because I dont have a Garage.

But yeah factor in How many days you drive and distance. When I had an all gas car i was supposed to be getting like 29-33 MPG and was only getting 22-23, with Hybrid I get close to 35-40MPG (I get more on longer highway drives if I dont floor the gas) and I fill up maybe once a month (I drive every day but not long distances)

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking to upgrade my car this next year been driving the same car since 2009. Just wondering y'all experience with hybrid cars vs pure gas cars. I'm looking at the 2022 Accord Hybrid (Sports trim). Is having a hybrid car worth it or should i just stick to the gas version?
The accord is slightly bigger and looks a little better style wise but have you considered the Insight? It has better MPGs. Hybrids are def worth it if you want to save on gas.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Just curious, did you ever get a hybrid. I'm considering one myself but sometime next year.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Just curious, did you ever get a hybrid. I'm considering one myself but sometime next year.
Nah I ended up getting a K5 my car got totaled and they didn't have a newer honda hybrid available at the time I needed a car.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
A few months ago, upgraded by wifes 2012 CRV ( was a fantastic car for us, now my sons car ) to a 2024 CRV hybrid sport. I really love this car and highly reccomend. Only issue with previous CRV was sub-par gas mileage. She had to fill that up on a nearly weekly basis. This hybrid is now only getting filled up twice a month I would say.

My favorite thing is the regenerative breaking that charges the battery for you when you take your foot of the gas, really nice options for safer driving in this mode I have found that also saves your brakes from wear.
a85ee7f50fbeb06f1d5a990bd39bb456.png