Any of ya'll work remote positions

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
My position(Security Analyst) is remote but I like to go into the office at least twice a week or whenever a vendor will be onsite. Makes it easier to collaborate. I basically got the position cause the company didn't want to lose me so I was able to ask for certain perks. From an IT perspective, a lot of positions offer the ability to work remote 2 days a week. Just got to look at what the job posting says and what you can negotiate.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I did exclusively for a year. I work in technology. Linux Engineer. The company was almost exclusively remote.

Now I work at a company where I work from home once or twice a week. Avoiding the commute is great for me. Really tech is the way to go if you want to do remote work. At least in my experience.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Software Engineer front/back end.

Really the best thing to do is apply. A lot more jobs are starting to offer remote positions because this is what newer professionals are looking for.

Shoot your shot, thats simply all. I know a lot of folks who got a remote job within a year, some got remote jobs as their first job.

I think one way to get your foot in the door easier into a full-time remote position is having a job where you have worked 1-2 days remote. Previous remote experience is not mandatory. If you're qualified, you're qualified.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Preciate the responses ya'll I'm just getting back to peep this thread. Seems like most of you in the tech space, my role is IT as well but within a finance company. These jokers got acquired recently and I guess remote work wasn't part of the parent company's policy so that's why its not available. Going to touch up my resume and just look exclusively at positions offering remote work.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I did exclusively for a year. I work in technology. Linux Engineer. The company was almost exclusively remote.

Now I work at a company where I work from home once or twice a week. Avoiding the commute is great for me. Really tech is the way to go if you want to do remote work. At least in my experience.
I'm just starting out... feels like a pipe dream but I know I'll get one sooner or later.:mjcry::blessed:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm now (technically) fully remote. I have to be within reasonable distance to an office, but that's not a big deal. I work from home 3-4 days a week. Depending on the workload, I only work about 3 hours of the day :skip:. I was in the right place at the right time for this, though. If things had gone different with budgets last year, I'd probably be stuck on a team that needs me in the office everyday.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm not really a fan of working from home, only because I don't have the set up for it. When I move places one thing I want to set up is a little home office with multiple monitors.