Any proof that 50 cent was ever a boxer?

87 others

Superstar
Daps
I hear this brought up pretty often. Supposedly he won the NY Golden Gloves but I honestly cannot find a shred of proof when it comes to this. The few clips where we see him moving around with some gloves on also don't really look that impressive. I feel like this is an urban legend at best.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear this brought up pretty often. Supposedly he won the NY Golden Gloves but I honestly cannot find a shred of proof when it comes to this. The few clips where we see him moving around with some gloves on also don't really look that impressive. I feel like this is an urban legend at best.
I havent seen proof either. I went through this list and didnt see anything
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/golden-gloves-1990s-article-1.1891073

People also say he was shot 5 times and not 9 though :manny: could just be the disgruntled bm though

Usually it’s not a good idea to clap back at 50 Cent on Instagram because when it comes to trolling, he’s king.

Shaniqua Tompkins, mother of one of his sons, has been known to hold her own though, and recently responded to Fif’s assertion that she’s not parenting correctly by attempting to bullet hole one of his signature claims: that he got shot nine times.

"When you post something and delete it shows how much Of a coward you are !!" She wrote in an Instagram post’s caption, captured by Baller Alert. “I know [sic] longer wanted a relationship with you! You’re a fraud and you’re upset I know it ! You created this fictitious character and you try to discredit me because I know the real! I know you made up you got shot 9 times and it was actually 5 because you didn’t want to be compared to Tupac! Remember I was there! I went with you to the police percent [sic] to get an order of protection out if Ja Rule, irvGotti and his brother Chris.”

If you remember, 50 claimed he was shot nine times in 2000, infamously four times more than Tupac was at Quad Studios in 1994. On his 2002 album Guess Who’s Back?, he raps that he was shot nine times on the song “F**k You,” which in part garnered him special attention in preparation for his landmark 2003 LP Get Rich or Die Tryin’. And he released a song as recently as this year titled "9 Shots."

However, during a 2012 interview with Oprah, 50 was asked to recall being shot. He said at the time he didn’t realize his legs were broken during the incident and when adding up the bullet wounds he received, failed to count nine. He also did the same during an interview with AllHipHop in 2009. During that, he stopped counting at six and said he couldn’t remember the rest.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Steward talked about his pedigree once during a fight I can’t remember when but he clearly did fight. This isn’t something he lied or exaggerated

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps

It's definitely an urban legend.that 50 Cent was a Golden Gloves Champion or a Golden Gloves Boxer. :mjlol:

50 Cent briefly boxed as a youth between the ages of 10 - 14 & competed in a Junior Olympic event however he was NEVER in a Golden Gloves competition nor was 50 Cent ever a Golden Gloves Champion.

"Jackson began boxing around the age of 10. In the early 1980s, he competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur fighter. He aspired to compete in the Golden Gloves boxing competition but was too young. Jackson recounts, "I was competitive in the ring and hip-hop is competitive too. In so many ways they're similar. I think rappers condition themselves like boxers, so they all kind of feel like they're the champ."