Anybody have success with Blogging?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I have a blog, but not much traffic. Anybody here have advice to give it traffic/earn money?

(Also what theme do y'all use? And how do you handle ads?)

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
You should make it relevant to what is going on and what would garner interest in your target market.

What is it about? This website is free promo, why not post it here?

Also beyond regular SEO rules, your website should grow organically based on how relevant it is and how many people browse it.

You can try to hack growth by spreading the word on platforms such as this, if it is relevant to the user base. I remember some guy back in 2017 getting big off paying IG influencers to peddle his products/pages. However the market is super saturated atm.

//

Another thing that could help with traffic is using clubhouse there is a lot of potential traffic and strategic networking there for anyone with a blog/brand/etc. If you have an IPhone you can go on ebay and buy an invite for like 20$

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
You should make it relevant to what is going on and what would garner interest in your target market.

What is it about? This website is free promo, why not post it here?

Also beyond regular SEO rules, your website should grow organically based on how relevant it is and how many people browse it.

In case it gets big I don't want people to track it to my posts on this site :hamster:

I've used SEO plug-ins but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

King

Daps
In case it gets big I don't want people to track it to my posts on this site :hamster:

I've used SEO plug-ins but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
I edited my post a bit more but SEO won’t really get you anywhere. Just make sure you’re doing it properly. Try to look into getting a cheap consultation on that by an expert.

Also tap into clubhouse, it’s golden for people like you interested in generating traffic. A lot of it is grunt work and strategic networking to get the word out.

The reason why I’m saying this is that you can stalk yourself out of you focus on minutiae. Just keep putting up content, networking, and get the word out there as much as you possibly can. SEO won’t do anything for you tbh other than give you a base to build off of.

King

Daps
Also, I know you wanna keep the two separate, but maybe even try hit up someone like @Doobie Doo. You could try to find out about his podcast and see if you’re in the same or similar space. Maybe your blog is relevant to the podcast and you can exchange shout outs.

You never know who’s watching or listening, that’s why a forum like this is lowkey valuable. You have to have this mindset to succeed in your endeavor.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Be consistent
Give value
Cross promote with IG, Twitter,
Time (it’s not gonna pop overnight)
Promote

if you’re nervous about promoting yourself here or anywhere, it’s not gonna work. :yeshrug:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I think blogging is dead or dying. Podcasting and youtube channels are the wave now. People don't usually have the patience to learn by reading anymore, they prefer to listen or to watch educational content - which that's pretty much blogging's niche, you're teaching people stuff even if it's like a music review blog for example

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
What about the frequency of articles?
Be consistent
Give value
Cross promote with IG, Twitter,
Time (it’s not gonna pop overnight)
Promote

if you’re nervous about promoting yourself here or anywhere, it’s not gonna work. :yeshrug:

I need help with this/specifics. What do you mean?

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
Vlogging or YouTube commentary is a million times more popular