Anybody on here know anything about watches, a rolex in particular

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I got somebody trying to sell me a Rolex Explorer but they don't have the original box or paperwork.

How do you tell if its real or not

0AXsNdU.jpg

PEbiTNP.jpg

yJfAEih.jpg

H85ZZO2.jpg

xVNrjRv.jpg

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
@L&HH i didn't get that mention for some reason, my bad breh, will let the admins know.

honestly, without box and papers i wouldn't really fux w any nice watch at all. even if it is real would make it difficult for you to flip if you decide to down the road. but if it's something you really want and it's a trustworthy person you should ask them to go to an authorized dealer w you and have it checked out. if you're worried about offending them by questioning authenticity let them know you want to inquire as to how much that cracked crystal is going to cost you to replace because you're looking at min g+. judging by the scratches all over the stainless you're looking at another g for an "overhaul." the watch itself retails for 6ish so i wouldn't drop any big money on a damaged one like that. that's my best advice.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
@L&HH i didn't get that mention for some reason, my bad breh, will let the admins know.

honestly, without box and papers i wouldn't really fux w any nice watch at all. even if it is real would make it difficult for you to flip if you decide to down the road. but if it's something you really want and it's a trustworthy person you should ask them to go to an authorized dealer w you and have it checked out. if you're worried about offending them by questioning authenticity let them know you want to inquire as to how much that cracked crystal is going to cost you to replace because you're looking at min g+. judging by the scratches all over the stainless you're looking at another g for an "overhaul." the watch itself retails for 6ish so i wouldn't drop any big money on a damaged one like that. that's my best advice.

Damn nvm then, seems like its not even worth it. I was going to buy it and try and flip it but with all the stuuf you're mentioning looks like I'll stay away. Thanks for the info

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Damn nvm then, seems like its not even worth it. I was going to buy it and try and flip it but with all the stuuf you're mentioning looks like I'll stay away. Thanks for the info

also, in my opinion that particular model isn't really a "classic" like a datejust, a gmt, a sub, a daytona etc. i'm sure it holds value like any other rolex (assuming it's real) but the after market won't be the same as it is for the classics. honestly i'd skip this one.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
@ocmfII Alright I have another watch offer. The guy claims it was/is the Breitling that came with the 2008 Bentley Gt coup.

He says he can't take it to a pawn shop and when I asked why he said "You are a smart individual im sure you can figure out why I can't take it to a pawn shop". My guess is it's stolen.

The watch is pretty much "hot" taken straight from the Bentley dealership

:patrice:
SVUgBvw.jpg

STe7Ajx.jpg

71lZLTN.jpg

yqrGX2M.jpg

iLihNp3.jpg

Last edited:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
@ocmfII Alright I have another watch offer. The guy claims it was/is the Breitling that came with the 2008 Bentley Gt coup.

He says he can't take it to a pawn shop and when I asked why he said "You are a smart individual im sure you can figure out why I can't take it to a pawn shop". My guess is it's stolen.

:patrice:
SVUgBvw.jpg

STe7Ajx.jpg

71lZLTN.jpg

yqrGX2M.jpg

iLihNp3.jpg

i didn't get an alert again, fkn system is busted. just happened to see this in my subscribed threads upped again.

anyway, yes, i'd guess he is implying it's stolen. the serial number on the card may have been reported back to breitling or an insurance company if the original owner noted that it was stolen. tbh i'm not quite sure how that works once a police report is filed but it probably means you will likely run into the same issue if you decide you want to sell it down the road. i wouldn't do it but that's just my opinion. i'm not a big breitling fan and there are a lot of other watches in that price range that i think look much nicer and will age better but that's just my taste, also, is that a diamond bezel on it? can't tell from the pics and lighting. i'm almost positive the original watch comes w a steel bezel so i'm kinda :patrice: about that too. means it's after market on a stolen watch which makes me question it even more. how much is he asking for?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
i didn't get an alert again, fkn system is busted. just happened to see this in my subscribed threads upped again.

anyway, yes, i'd guess he is implying it's stolen. the serial number on the card may have been reported back to breitling or an insurance company if the original owner noted that it was stolen. tbh i'm not quite sure how that works once a police report is filed but it probably means you will likely run into the same issue if you decide you want to sell it down the road. i wouldn't do it but that's just my opinion. i'm not a big breitling fan and there are a lot of other watches in that price range that i think look much nicer and will age better but that's just my taste, also, is that a diamond bezel on it? can't tell from the pics and lighting. i'm almost positive the original watch comes w a steel bezel so i'm kinda :patrice: about that too. means it's after market on a stolen watch which makes me question it even more. how much is he asking for?

Yea I noticed that too. It's supposed to be the Breitling A25362 (he didn't know this btw, he kept saying it's the one that comes with the 2008 gt coupe and after some google searching that was the one tha matched). But when I looked up pics it didn't have the diamond bezel. We haven't really discussed price. I just threw an offer out there of $500 on his original post just joking around and he told me to send him a message, and I just asked him for pics in the message. The card doesn't have a "sold by" and/or reference number b/c as he said it never filled out since it was taken out the dealership and never sold.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Yea I noticed that too. It's supposed to be the Breitling A25362 (he didn't know this btw, he kept saying it's the one that comes with the 2008 gt coupe and after some google searching that was the one tha matched). But when I looked up pics it didn't have the diamond bezel. We haven't really discussed price. I just threw an offer out there of $500 on his original post just joking around and he told me to send him a message, and I just asked him for pics in the message. The card doesn't have a "sold by" and/or reference number b/c as he said it never filled out since it was taken out the dealership and never sold.

yeah i was gonna say, unless you're getting it for some huge discount and can write it off as a sunk cost i wouldn't fk w it. chances are you're gonna run into the same problems he is if you decide you want to flip it too.

imho when it comes to watches if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
yeah i was gonna say, unless you're getting it for some huge discount and can write it off as a sunk cost i wouldn't fk w it. chances are you're gonna run into the same problems he is if you decide you want to flip it too.

imho when it comes to watches if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

I just holla'd at some ppl on another forum and their telling me it's fake. Looks like dude made up that story of it being stolen from the dealership. Or that dealership is selling fake watches,

updated with the tourbillon:

Ys9NL2N.jpg

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I just holla'd at some ppl on another forum and their telling me it's fake. Looks like dude made up that story of it being stolen from the dealership. Or that dealership is selling fake watches,

updated with the tourbillon:

Ys9NL2N.jpg

yeah man, like if something seems "off" it probably is :manny:. you may be able to catch a deal once in a while, but if someone is going to sell you a limited run breitling that trades for 5-6k for 500, good chance it's faux.